Emachines T3624

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emachines T3624

I just got this for free from my friend, has a Socket 478 Celeron D 2.66ghz, (I have a socket 478 2.4 p4 sitting around, is that any faster?) Just needs some ram and a hard drive (have a 256 stick sitting around and a 80gb hard drive) Will be good for some f@h operations. Has a evil Bestec psu, I opened it up and inspected it, nothing wrong, no bad caps. No bad caps on the motherboard either.

Re: Emachines T3624

Throw away the Bestec now. Before it kills your machine.

I find eMachines have pretty good boards, and those rotten Bestec PSU. Buy the machine, toss the PSU, and you have a good computer.

Comment

Its a good computer so far, need to install drivers for the integraded video card, sound and Lan card. Resolution is at 640x480 at 4 bit. Looks terrible, slipped in a old radeon 7000 for now. Only problem is heat. Makes tons of heat at 100% cpu load. The heatsink does a ok job of keeping the cpu at one temp, thats 47C (ohh yea, this is the first OEM machine I've gotton that can actually tell me cpu, case temps etc... and the first that speedfan can acutally control the fan speeds,) As soon as it reaches 50C, the fan goes from about 1150rpm to 5000rpm. Loud, but it blasts out lots of air, and the only fan that can expell that air is the psu's, so the air coming out of that is easily 60C. Not good. I hot glued the fan from a Stock AM2 cooler on it, that blasts some air too. Just need a new psu and a 80mm rear fan.

Comment

Sounds like chipset is degraded already.
        Those Bestecs will do that.

My guess is P4 2.4 would beat 2.66 Cel due to P4 having twice (or more) cache.
        Might be pretty close though.

Mann-Made Global Warming.
        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

Chipset if fine, I just had to install graphics card drivers for the integraded intel video card (one of those intel extreme graphics AL/BL/CL/DL/EL/FL/GL/HL/IL/JL/KL/LL/ML/NL/OL/PL/QL/RL/SL/TL/UL/VL/WL/XL/YL/ZL video cards.) Just fine picture now. Shows up with 248mb of ram, integraded vid card is under the AGP bus, and it uses 8mb of it for a buffer or something (you can set it to 8mb or 1mb in the bios,) and then it has 64mb of its own.

Comment

just recap the bestecs with good quality caps.
            i use a 22@50 in the spot that has the burned up 10
            they are good if rebuilt.
            i do it all the time as i get boxfulls of them free.

Comment

Your integrated Intel video ~IS~ ~IN~ the chipset.
              That's why I said it sounds like chipset is degraded already.
              Mann-Made Global Warming.
              - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
              -
              You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
              -

Comment

Working...
              X