simpson 160 battery lead help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

simpson 160 battery lead help

I have an old simpson 160 vom and the battery terminals needed cleaning so I removed the board separated the battery box and found the 22v battery lead broken at one end. anyone know where this wire goes on the board or switch? an old friend who has passed left me this meter and a bunch of other stuff because I used to help him at his tv shop, I would like to get it back in working shape if I could. I think it was the wire broken rather than the battery terminal.

Re: simpson 160 battery lead help

Here you go
    Attached Files

Comment

Wow, these analog multimeters are still for sale.
      The 260 is quite big but the 160 needs the 22.5V battery.

22V (+) goes to 1.5V (+) and ohms adjust pot.
      22V (-) goes to switch

Comment

How have those of you who have these old meters been dealing with batteries for these units?

I sort of feel lucky with my not-as-good Eico 555 which uses 4xAA's for the Rx10k range...

Comment

batteries plus.

Comment

thanks for the help, got her running perfect now. yep, got 2 260's the 160 which is close to new looking. I didn't plan on using it as I have flukes and triplett dmm's but should the need arise.

Comment

Nice that batteries plus still carries that battery. I would have thought they were unobtanium due to the infrequent use of them.

I actually use the Eico more than once in a while, mainly because I can measure voltage or current without having to worry about battery drain down and not need a power cord...

Not much reason to measure resistance on the meter, however.

Comment

Working...
              X