Cant turn on hp 15 da0r62mb6e1 rev e board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant turn on hp 15 da0r62mb6e1 rev e board

I have a hp board 19V present charger led present. Presing the power button 5v and 3v is present Fan will spin then stop then spin and stop over and over .

I never tried to flash the bios maybe there is something off about this board

Please I need some suggestion for this problem

Re: Cant turn on hp 15 da0r62mb6e1 rev e board

In the brief interval when fan is spinning, voltages on all coils??

Comment

Start first by reflashing the BIOS. It's high likely to be the bios with the symptoms that you highlighted. Make sure to remove first the BIOS battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Luaina View Post
        Start first by reflashing the BIOS. It's high likely to be the bios with the symptoms that you highlighted. Make sure to remove first the BIOS battery.
        i TRIED flashing its bios same rpoblem sir fan sipin then stops and spin then stops

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
          In the brief interval when fan is spinning, voltages on all coils??
          Yes all voltages is on

Comment

its very difficult to find fault in such case as powers on for very few seconds. I'd suggest to replace the 3V regulator IC PU9 or a reflow of the whole mb.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
              its very difficult to find fault in such case as powers on for very few seconds. I'd suggest to replace the 3V regulator IC PU9 or a reflow of the whole mb.
              Ok sir I ll try it sir

Comment

Originally posted by kalilinux25 View Post
                Ok sir I ll try it sir
                I Tried test the vcore is missing sir

Comment

try first the basics, visual check for burned parts, tear it down to the bare motherboard check the powersupply substitute a known working memory connect it first to an external monitor. reflowing will kill your your motherboard unless you have the proper tool for that its a drastic move of course if you really know what your doing. check all voltages, check for short fets (ground one of you ohmmeter prods and poke the positive prods to the coils.) probably a short fets or control ic. kaya mo yan tol.
                  Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

Yes all voltages is on
                    I Tried test the vcore is missing sir
                    Well first that is somewhat confusing… If VCore is missing, not all voltages are present, and obviously it's not gonna work.
                    So you have to trace back why that is. First checkpoint is ALL_SYS_PWRGD.
                    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by Duranitron View Post
                      try first the basics, visual check for burned parts, tear it down to the bare motherboard check the powersupply substitute a known working memory connect it first to an external monitor. reflowing will kill your your motherboard unless you have the proper tool for that its a drastic move of course if you really know what your doing. check all voltages, check for short fets (ground one of you ohmmeter prods and poke the positive prods to the coils.) probably a short fets or control ic. kaya mo yan tol.
                      ThanK yOU SIR , possible ba na masira ang processor ng hp sir?

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
                        Well first that is somewhat confusing… If VCore is missing, not all voltages are present, and obviously it's not gonna work.
                        So you have to trace back why that is. First checkpoint is ALL_SYS_PWRGD.
                        Yes you have to check if the enable signal is coming to CPU Regulator ( VRON). Then check the impedance of the VCCore by probing its coil supply. If it is above 3 ohm.Replace the CPU regulator

Comment

yah i have experience a shorted proccessor. shorted as in 0 ohm resistance but if you can see low resistance in the processor circuit its normal because it is only powered by 1.2 volts or 1 volt mine is powedered by .8 volt so 2 ohms or 3 ohms resistance is not considered shorted an indication of a shorted processor is the frequent shorted mosfet in the processor area.
                          Last edited by Duranitron; 08-16-2019, 07:44 PM.

Comment

I have a hp board 19V present charger led present. Presing the power button 5v and 3v is present Fan will spin then stop then spin and stop over and over .

I never tried to flash the bios maybe there is something off about this board

Please I need some suggestion for this problem
                            i have experienced this symptoms when i repaired a hp motherboard with a busted control ic and shorted mosfet that powers the memory module. i done the repair replacing all the busted parts and the symptoms is just like the one you have been experiencing. my fault is that i never replaced the original memory module. so replacing it solved the problem

Comment

i have experienced this symptoms when i repaired a hp motherboard with a busted control ic and shorted mosfet that powers the memory module. i done the repair replacing all the busted parts and the symptoms is just like the one you have been experiencing. my fault is that i never replaced the original memory module. so replacing it solved the problem
                              what type of memory module sir?

Comment

the low voltage type.. 1.3 volts 4 GB DDR3L

Comment

the low voltage type.. 1.3 volts 4 GB DDR3L
                                  I tried but not working

Comment

I tried but not working
                                    Did you checked voltages on Ram IC. If you dont feel comfortable in measuring pins for Ram IC, then try replacing it. Does the board remains ON without ram??

Comment

did you repair your laptop. or did you return it to the costumer? have you acquired the schematics? suko na ba tol?

Comment

Working...
                                      X