Philips 55PFL5601/F7 55" 4K TV no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 55PFL5601/F7 55" 4K TV no picture

Philips 55PFL5601/F7 55" 4K TV no picture has backlight.

4 month ago i had fixed this TV by changing 6871L-4682A (6870C-0584A) T-Con Board, now it happen again.
    i found out SILICONMI, QFN-68, SM4080 IC, hot to touch, does anyone have this IC pinout information?

I guess it is a multi-voltage PWM oscillator or 3ch Boost/Buck Controller IC.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by capwizard; 01-29-2019, 10:10 PM.

Re: Philips 55PFL5601/F7 55" 4K TV no picture

Does it run hot if the cable between the TCON and the LCD panel is disconnected?
    That section generates HVDD, VGH, VGL1, and VGL2 (you can see test points for them) so if there is shorts in the panel then it will draw lots of current from that section. You can also check the resistance between GND and those test points with and without cable between TCON and LCD panel in place.
    Never stop learning
    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Bums said...Does it run hot if the cable between the TCON and the LCD panel is disconnected?
      Yes. Even disconnected tcon was hot to touch.

Budm said...That section generates HVDD, VGH, VGL1, and VGL2
      Not even went that far. The T con was missing 8v 16v and 1.0v may be that's why it was so hot. After changed the new tcon. Tv works good. thank you.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by capwizard; 02-02-2019, 03:48 PM.

Comment

but isn't that what you did the first time (ie. changed the tcon)... and it failed again. Are you sure there isn't a further underlying problem that is taking out the tcon?

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
          but isn't that what you did the first time (ie. changed the tcon)... and it failed again. Are you sure there isn't a further underlying problem that is taking out the tcon?
          I've changed TV's t-con board 4 month go, tv came back with the same problem, no picture has backlight, U5 SM4080 PWM IC got hot and i did not found any short tcon was missing 8v 16v and 1.0v.....I guess, U5 SM4080 PWM IC was the problem.
          Attached Files

Comment

perhaps though you are looking for a short but it could also be "lower resistance than expected" resulting in "heating over time".

Perhap doing a resistance measurement of those "test point voltages" and then doing a voltage measurement, then calculate the result current / power to see if those are somewhat "out of range" / normal. Just a thought though to maybe stop "tcon munching". :-)

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
              perhaps though you are looking for a short but it could also be "lower resistance than expected" resulting in "heating over time".

Perhap doing a resistance measurement of those "test point voltages" and then doing a voltage measurement, then calculate the result current / power to see if those are somewhat "out of range" / normal. Just a thought though to maybe stop "tcon munching". :-)
              .... a resistance measurement....Because most of programmable 6-CH boost-buck converter prats are in the IC, it is difficult to achieve this goal.

Smaller than fingernail, t-con board multi-voltage supply IC SM4080, it is very complicated similar to microprocessor, which has 6-CH I2C Programmable boost-buck converters, that uses digital control signals SDA ,SCL and store data informations in a EEPROM.

In simple terms, t-con board multi-voltage IC can produce six different voltages by using I2C program control.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

TPS65177/A Fully I 2C Programmable 6-CH LCD Bias IC for all Size TV Including Gate Pulse Modulation

The TPS65177/A provides all supply rails needed by a GIP (Gate-in-Panel) or non-GIP TFT-LCD panel. All output voltages are I 2C programmable. V(IO) and V(CORE) for the T-CON, V(AVDD) and V(HAVDD) for the Source Driver and the Gamma Buffer, V(GH) and V(GL) for the Gate Driver or the Level Shifter. For use with non-GIP technology Gate Pulse Modulation (GPM) is implemented, for use with GIP technology the V(GH) rail can be temperature compensated. Furthermore a High Voltage Stress Mode (HVS) for V(AVDD) and V(HAVDD) and an integrated V(AVDD) Isolation Switch is implemented. V(CORE), V(HAVDD), V(GH), V(GL), GPM and the V(GH) temperature compensation can be enabled and disabled by I 2C programming. A single BOM (Bill of Materials) can cover several panel types and sizes whose desired output voltage levels can be programmed in production and stored in a non-volatile integrated memory.

TPS65177/A Fully I2C Programmable 6-Ch LCD ... - Texas Instruments
              https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...209cca7379.pdf
              Attached Files
              Last edited by capwizard; 02-03-2019, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by capwizard View Post
                siliconmi, qfn-68, sm4080 ic, hot to touch, does anyone have this ic pinout information?

I guess it is a multi-voltage pwm oscillator or 3ch boost/buck controller ic.
                SM4080 analog SW50B3 vhg ; vgl ; avdd
                Attached Files
                Last edited by rammer; 08-24-2019, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X