Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cold desktop black boot no video no nothing ..BAD CAP or ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cold desktop black boot no video no nothing ..BAD CAP or ?

I'm pretty sure some component is not doing its job until it gets electronically warmed up enough, so Looking for ideas or fixes ..

THE PROBLEM IS A CHRONIC COLD BOOT TO BLACK SCREEN, NO VIDEO, NO POST, NO WINDOWS, ONLY HEAR FANS RUNNING...AND IT WILL MAYBE TAKE 2 OR 3 REBOOTS TO START THEN WORKS WITHOUT ISSUE...AND IF YOU SHUTDOWN AND RESTART WITH IN 5-10 MINS OK...IF IT GETS COLD NO BOOT...

I HAVE TRIED ALL BIOS WINDOWS AND SOFTWARE SETTINGS, SWAPPED MEMORY AND 1 YEAR OF NET SEARCH AND COMPUTER NERD REVIEWS ALL WITH NO FIX...

SYSTEM IS a Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1511 HP Pavillion a6750f desktop computer with MSI MS-7548 (Aspen) motherboard, and a ATI Radeon HD 4600 video card, and 4 sticks of PC2-6400 memory...

Re: cold desktop black boot no video no nothing ..BAD CAP or ?

Tried another power supply ?

Comment

tested the battery?

Comment

My bet would be on either bad caps in the PSU, motherboard, *OR* bad BGA (Northbridge or that Radeon HD4650 video card).

Start with swapping either the video card or the PSU.
        Some pictures would be helpful too, especially of the power supply guts, motherboard, and video card (some Radeon 4650 card have terribly-undersized coolers - this being an HP, I wouldn't be surprised about it).

Comment

Working...
        X