Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo Yoga 710-11ISK Only White Light

Hello all,

I have this Lenovo Yoga 710 which does nothing but give a blinking orange charger light and a white power light. The screen does not turn on, I don't see anything on the LCD even when shining a light and when i hit the caps lock button I get no light there either.

I tried checking voltages on the motherboard and the only thing that seems a little odd to me is that next to the CPU there are two large coils PL601 and PL603 of which PL601 produces 0.86V and PL603 produces nothing.

While the computer is on the CPU does get hot as if something was happening there but other than that I see no signs of life.

I've tried a few of the reset tricks including disconnecting the battery but nothing has worked thus far.

Your insight would be much appreciated.

Re: Lenovo Yoga 710-11ISK Only White Light

Forgot to mention that on those two coils PL601 I get the same resistance to ground as if they are both supposed to be feeding into the CPU. Is there a schematic out there for this thing?
    Last edited by TVMexicana; 06-12-2019, 10:05 PM.

Comment

PL601 is probably CPU VCore and PL603 is probably VCCGFX.
      If it really doesn't seem to boot nor POST, try to flash the BIOS.
      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

How can I flash the bios this way? Have only done it before with a booting computer. Also checked for available bios chips but none available for this computer. Anyway to clear cmos on this board?
        Last edited by TVMexicana; 06-13-2019, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

You need a external bios programmer to flash bios.

Comment

Working...
            X