TV Main Board cross over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Main Board cross over

My question is this. (Prob a stupid question).

I have a RCA SLD65A55RQ that requires a main board. I have searched ebay and found boards for sell.

But here is the question, I have also found boards listed for smaller TV's (also RCA models) that have the same form factor and look identical to my board but fit a smaller TV. EX 47 inch and 55 inch.

Can I use these boards for my 65 inch tv or do i have to have to buy the board listed for my TV.

Thank you for your time.

Re: TV Main Board cross over

if the board is the same p/n, then the screen size does not matter.
    The model number should also be the same except for the size # in the model.
    I swap main boards all the time but I usually deal in other brands like Samsung, Toshiba, etc. You can go up or down in model numbers within the same series too. A higher number may just have extra inputs or features...usually applies to the brands I work on. I don't touch RCA so I can't be sure with them.

Comment

Okay thank you

Comment

Yes you can do a swap. I discovered this by accident when I couldn't find the exact Main Bd. and in desperation fitted a similar Main Bd I had and to my surprise it worked. The Replacement Bd had more inputs but all the connectors matched.

Comment

This is good to hear!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X