HP DV6 2130ec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP DV6 2130ec

sorry chrle, I do not have any schematics. maybe you can check the datasheet one by one. see that for power 3v/5v.

Comment

Francisco.s
      Sir i flashed bios but still no change on and off within 1sec

Comment

Originally posted by ravi_1617 View Post
        Francisco.s
        Sir i flashed bios but still no change on and off within 1sec
        Any of the posted schematics match your motherboard?
        It is very important to get the schematic diagram in order to have some references.

Comment

After reprograming same condition on&off in 1sec.

Comment

sir is it HP_DV6_lx86 i think but image same as 4 images it has ati redeon graphic chip and 2 amd /ati north and south bridges

Comment

Originally posted by ravi_1617 View Post
              sir is it HP_DV6_lx86 i think but image same as 4 images it has ati redeon graphic chip and 2 amd /ati north and south bridges
              It is very difficult to repair this kind of problem without a schematic.
              Bios are well known problems in HP motherboard, BTW, how about 3/5 volts pwm circuits?

Comment

sir i will cheak and let u knows thanks

Comment

well got same issue , and the schematic not helping , trying to find pq27 and not finding it , and it exist on board

Comment

well find it , here it is i hope it help you guys
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by highpulse View Post
                      well got same issue , and the schematic not helping , trying to find pq27 and not finding it , and it exist on board
                      you didn't see it bro? near cpu socket if i have the right image (i hope)
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by meritosari; 08-31-2015, 12:33 PM.

Comment

measure resistance to ground on all big coils and on capacitors on GPU. search for resistance 4ohm and lower on both sides

Comment

meritosari , pq27 i was finding im on the board , but not on the schematic you guys have showed on the thread .. so i found the correct schematic and i added it here

Comment

Originally posted by highpulse View Post
                            well find it , here it is i hope it help you guys
                            Thank you very much.

Comment

Same problem as above here: mobo will turn on for a split second.
                              I have also noticed a pattern:
                              1st attempt to 5th attempt: the mobo powers on a little bit longer each time (fan spinning longer)
                              On 6th attempt the caps lock led will also turn on.
                              Then the pattern resumes to 1st attempt behavior and so on.
                              What can it be?
                              Please note that I have flashed the BIOS and it changed nothing :/

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrielle View Post
                                Same problem as above here: mobo will turn on for a split second.
                                I have also noticed a pattern:
                                1st attempt to 5th attempt: the mobo powers on a little bit longer each time (fan spinning longer)
                                On 6th attempt the caps lock led will also turn on.
                                Then the pattern resumes to 1st attempt behavior and so on.
                                What can it be?
                                Please note that I have flashed the BIOS and it changed nothing :/
                                when you say fan spinning longer caps lock led also turn on does the Mob go to BIOS ? how did you flashed BIOS and how many BIOS did you try ?

Comment

TLDR: I give up on that MB

Hello techtiger
                                  - when fan is spinning longer, it spins for about one second max
                                  - the longest time the PC is powered up is about one second, then no power. No BIOS access.
                                  - BIOS chip removed from board and flashed successfully with CH341A. One version only was used (found on badcaps : "Hewlett-Packard-F.13.rom").

I have a HP DV7-3005sf with motherboard DAUT1AMB6E1 REV:E. AMD processor. ATI video. AMD north and soutbridge.

I bought that PC second hand. At first it had that 1-second-shutdown behavior. I disassembled it, tried a combination of replacement RAM, replacement processor and eventually the laptop stayed on, fan spinning but black screen, no picture, no backlight, no VGA signal. Tried quite a few times and the laptop stayed on with black screen.
                                  Since the screen is cracked, I wanted to test another screen. The day after, I vaguely recall putting the original CPU or something, not too sure what I did. But from that day on, the MB, again, won't turn on for more than one second.

Update: as I was writing those lines, I tried a desperate move. I removed the CPU to see the behavior without it. Same 1-second-shutdown. But now that I have the CPU inserted again, no boot at all. Just the led on the power jack blinking. I give up on that mobo.

Thank you for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrielle View Post
                                    TLDR: I give up on that MB

Hello techtiger
                                    - when fan is spinning longer, it spins for about one second max
                                    - the longest time the PC is powered up is about one second, then no power. No BIOS access.
                                    - BIOS chip removed from board and flashed successfully with CH341A. One version only was used (found on badcaps : "Hewlett-Packard-F.13.rom").

I have a HP DV7-3005sf with motherboard DAUT1AMB6E1 REV:E. AMD processor. ATI video. AMD north and soutbridge.

I bought that PC second hand. At first it had that 1-second-shutdown behavior. I disassembled it, tried a combination of replacement RAM, replacement processor and eventually the laptop stayed on, fan spinning but black screen, no picture, no backlight, no VGA signal. Tried quite a few times and the laptop stayed on with black screen.
                                    Since the screen is cracked, I wanted to test another screen. The day after, I vaguely recall putting the original CPU or something, not too sure what I did. But from that day on, the MB, again, won't turn on for more than one second.

Update: as I was writing those lines, I tried a desperate move. I removed the CPU to see the behavior without it. Same 1-second-shutdown. But now that I have the CPU inserted again, no boot at all. Just the led on the power jack blinking. I give up on that mobo.

Thank you for your time.
                                    then try a mild reflow of graphics chip. have seen a lot of them failing,try with a another working AMD processor , test resistance to GND all the Big Gray Coils with out power
                                    Last edited by Techtiger; 05-31-2019, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Yeah probably the northbridge, RS780M or RS880M fail a lot. Heat can indeed make them work for a short time, no need to reflow just 200°C is enough. It has to be replaced as it will fail again very shortly.
                                      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Thank you

Comment

you can see your chipset

Comment

Working...
                                          X