No announcement yet.

Windows 10 benefits - Are there any?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Windows 10 benefits - Are there any?

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
    So you're running Windows 2000, or better yet NT4? :P
    To facilitate my business , i have not less than 3 desktops and a half dozen of laptops here and there , with all kinds of running systems , even a desktop up and running the old windows 98 with an old authentic Philips tv , who obviously , run only on old systems .
    XP is still there also for Norton Ghost and Recovery purposes and some favorite old games .
    But the prevailing system usually is Windows 7 , 32 or 64 bit , according to what programs i did purchase .
    I think Windows 7 ultimate is the most stable system till now , and i'm gonna hang with it and with its updates , till they announce its funeral (like they did last year for the late XP , lol ) ..

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      hello.

nsatc.net = scum looking at what software,fims,audio you have by the look of this:

if i could be bothered i would lookup ALL those domains!
      MarkMonitor is only a domain name registrar in this case, and a common one especially for large corporate domains. I wonder if nsatc.net comes from Network Solutions.
      Last edited by yuhong; 07-31-2016, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
        There was a SP3 for XP x86. XP x64 only got SP2. W2K got an "unofficial" SP5. IIRC, NT4 got SP6.....but I'm really digging in the archives to remember that!
        "XP" x64 is really only a client edition of Server 2003 BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
          PC's in corporate environments containing potential trade secrets of the businesses that use them, no OS has any reason to collect any type of data from those machines...and these exploits are on by default.
          This is of course why Win10 enterprise has better telemetry and other options than home and pro. Large organisations would use Group Policy to configure the options.
          Last edited by yuhong; 08-19-2016, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yuhong View Post
            better telemetry
            that's a phrase i never thought i would see!!!

Comment

There is also the Educational version that can have the telemetry options turned down too.

Comment

Satya Nadella is taking Microsoft in the wrong direction.
                I run Windows XP on a HP d220mt system.
                I don't trust updates anymore hearing here on Badcaps.net that Micro$oft is forcing the Windows 10-style update model on 8.1 and Windows 7 in October (looks like I'm shutting down updates on anymore of my computers I install 7 on)
                then installing Linux when Windows 7 gets the End of Life status.
                Why isn't he fired?
                Before he took over Microsoft used to be trusted by LOTS of people.
                Their trust is going down the drain.
                And when I saw the 350 Million stat on Microsoft's website I called BS on the numbers.
                Wouldn't be very surprised if OEMs lock "Secure Boot" on leaving those with no choice but to use Windows 10 (The next Windows Vista).

Comment

Working...
                X