Pissed at HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pissed at HP

Well...it seems HP put out a printer along with some cool software to keep an eye on ink levels, among other things.

Well.....it seems that HP didn't bother to support bi-directional communication under Win2k or WinXP. The printer in question is a DeskJet 1220C. I emailed HP and the answer is pretty much "tough luck"...."if you want that function, you can get a module that costs a bunch of money and is almost as useless as boil between your ass cheeks." well...needless to say, I'm not too happy with HP. Looks like they dropped the ball on this REAL bad.

Anyone have a similar experience???
    "Its all about the boom....."

Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled drinking.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death.....calm shepherds its certainty"

Originally posted by Topcat
    AWD is just training wheels for RWD.

They didnt release a free win2k driver for my scanner until winxp came out, wanted 19.95 for a cd. Luckily others didnt like it either and posted software for download.

Comment

Damn Mike.... After the Dell incident, I'd have never thought you'd get HP products...

I've got an HP Laserjet printer, and every OS has embedded drivers for it... I guess I got lucky on that one!! I repaired an HP Pavillion toaster box for a guy, and it had embedded drivers for NOTHING!! It literally took me 2 hours scouring HP's crappy site to find drivers to make this pile even work... Pathetic!
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

HP Officejet K80 driver was badly written for win2k. On shutdown, one file would not close properly and have to be ended. Other issues but i forget. The solution with that driver was not pretty. New driver issued after quite a while was a very small 60mb download but works fine.

HP78 ink cartridges - it is possible to permanently detach the nozzle plate when you remove the protective tape from a new cartridge.
        http://users.otenet.gr/~wwalsh/articles/hp78.htm

Having said that the laserjet 4000 series in our office (4050N & 4000TN) are still going strong after years of heavy use. I will probably also buy a procurve switch soon. I think their corporate products divisions are operating better than the consumer divisions.
        capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

The thing that really chaps me is that HP does make the best printer. Although, I think Epson might be giving them a run for their money. I know my sister has an Epson scanner that is awesome. Of course my HP6200 is old, but I'm seriously considering an Epson 4870........when I get some better positive cash flow that is.

I've been toolin' around with this 1220. Its a pretty good printer. Nice big pics it prints.
          "Its all about the boom....."

Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled drinking.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death.....calm shepherds its certainty"

Originally posted by Topcat
          AWD is just training wheels for RWD.

Comment

I've had a couple Epson inkjet's, and they always printed really REALLY nice. However, they were always seemed shoddily built. Whenever it sat for a long time the jets would clog, and they're not replaceable like all the rest of the brands are, thus the printer was ruined. As far as a laser, I've only had HP's... :roll:
            <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
            Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
            http://folding.stanford.edu/
            Team : 49813
            Join in!!
            Team Stats

Comment

Working...
            X