On the Topic of Printers......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the Topic of Printers......

Ok. I have this HP 1220C inkjet printer. It prints photos pretty damn nice. My sis has an HP 842 (I think thats the number...) and it prints photos pretty damn good as well.

My question is about printing pictures. How well do the color laser printers do on photos??
    "Its all about the boom....."

Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled drinking.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death.....calm shepherds its certainty"

Originally posted by Topcat
    AWD is just training wheels for RWD.

I do not think that you will find a laser that will match an inkjet although the results are getting quite good and the costs are accessible now with the entry level models. The benefits of lasers are that they are much cheaper per page although the costs for 4 colour and 1 black toner are very significant but they empty after 1000s of pages. Also special paper not required.

There are also the wax printers - i have seen a lexmark which produces quite excellent prints. Cost over 1000$ though.

Some of the colour lasers bring each colour toner near the paper using a carousel. Significantly slows down the print process with this multi pass approach. There are only a few entry level colour lasers with single pass. Xerox has one.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I hadn't really looked into it. I'm not in the position to care about money yet.

I think I'll stick with the 1220 for now.
      "Its all about the boom....."

Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled drinking.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death.....calm shepherds its certainty"

Originally posted by Topcat
      AWD is just training wheels for RWD.

Comment

Working...
      X