Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how common are p3-s es enginering samples?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how common are p3-s es enginering samples?

just picked up a matched pair.
    they are unlocked multiplier.time to play
    anyone know how common these are?

I've got a pair of Tualatin-S ES's... Only have 1 cumine tho, couldn't get a mate for it at the time. They're not very common, so appreciate them!!
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

any idea about the multiplier range on these?
      these are 1.26

Comment

The default multiplier on a 1.26/133 CPU is 9.5. I tested my 1.4's (default multiplier is 10.5) on a VP6 using the powerleap adapters, the highest I could get them to run was 1.26/133. The highest multiplier setting is dependent on the motherboard not the CPU. The VP6 will not recognize a multiplier settting above 9.5, I tried it with the Cumine ES I have also, same result. Since the CPU's are unlocked, there is no multiplier 'limit', they can be run technically as high as the motherboard can go.

I tested the same CPU's on an Iwill DVD266u-RN, and was able to run them @ 1.6/133 @ a miltiplier of 12, and they ran stable. I could widdle around with the FSB reducing the multiplier, yielding some different overclocking results, but they would not really run much higher than 1.6 regardless. :roll: They were fun to experiment with though. It kinda brought me back to the good 'ol BP6 overclocking days... When you grill your pair, post any results, I'd like to know how they do...
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
        http://folding.stanford.edu/
        Team : 49813
        Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

Working...
        X