Mastech MS5308 LCR Tester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mastech MS5308 LCR Tester

For some time now I have been looking for a LCR / ESR tester and this one keeps coming up on searches Mastech MS5308, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this.

Re: Mastech MS5308 LCR Tester

Personally, I have this experience on capacitance measurement with a cheap LCR-meter (called Victor 6243): It can properly measure polar electrolytic capacitors. But when I want to measure non-polar ceramic SMD capacitors, either it shows no measurement (disable to measure) or it sometimes shows a value which is not close enough to the real capacitance. I do not know why.
    This experience is probably true on all LCR meters. So I do not use the LCR meter often.
    Last edited by caspian; 02-08-2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I had inaccurate readings when testing an axial ceramic capacitor on a Silicon Chip Kitset LC meter, while the same capacitor tested normally on a DMM and on a capacitance meter.

However, disc and SMD ceramics tested fine on the Silicon Chip meter.

I still don't know what caused the discrepancy.
      "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
      -David VanHorn

Comment

The discrepancies are in the way the devices test, mainly though I was wondering if the Mastech is worth the extra cost. I have been known to use a function generator and scop to test capacitors otherwise I rely on a fluke 79 series 2 meter for capacitance measurement.

Comment

Seems like a good thread about it here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testge...at-the-moment/
          "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
          -David VanHorn

Comment

Working...
          X