Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thermaltake TR2-420 blown!

I like it now
    Also, I don't know if anyone has told you before, but your pictures are absolutely superb! Always in focus and show great detail.

By the way, if you find a busted CRT TV on the side of the road or next to a dumpster, open it and take its boards. Those usually have small SMD and regular through-hole resistors. Personally, I like the SMD resistors, because they are super-easy to solder on solder-side traces. So with that fan mod you did, you could easily have fit a small 3.3 KOhm SMD resistor on those adjacent traces. It ends up looking like factory-installed .

Not that there is anything wrong with your soldering. Just mentioning this if you want to try something new .

I have a somewhat decent ISO PSU in my possession right now as well (though not as good as yours). I'll try to post pics of it later today or tomorrow. Post is in the typing progress ATM.
    Last edited by momaka; 06-13-2015, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
      I like it now
      Also, I don't know if anyone has told you before, but your pictures are absolutely superb! Always in focus and show great detail.
      Thank you!

Originally posted by momaka View Post

I have a somewhat decent ISO PSU in my possession right now as well (though not as good as yours). I'll try to post pics of it later today or tomorrow. Post is in the typing progress ATM.
      Can't wait!

Comment

I got another TR2-420 for free recently.

5vsb is ok, but after shorting green wire to black nothing happens, not even a slight move of the fan.

The cap selection is a mixture of Jun Fu and OST, some of them bulging.

I am going to fix it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by goodpsusearch View Post
          I am going to fix it.
          That'd be nice.
          Whoever you sell this to, you'll be doing them a favor for not having to use a crappy Deer/L&C.

Comment

Working...
          X