Belinea 102035W Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belinea 102035W Help

Ok, first of all, I'm new here, so hello everyone.

My problem, from what i've gathered, is relatively common, and im sure most of the regulars here will be able to help me out here.

I have a Belinea 102035W 20'1" monitor, and about a year ago it began to display signs of failing capacitors on the power board.

If there is a signal going into the display, and I switch it on, the display will power up, for about 2 or 3 seconds, show nothing on the screen, and the blue power light will begin to flicker on and off in a strobe fashion, before losing power altogether.
    The only way I can get the display to power on again, is to remove the plug for about 10 seconds, to allow all the power to discharge, then plug it in again.

So far the only way to get the display to work, is to switch it on, with no input signal, leave it for about 30 seconds, untill it the blue light turns orange, and it goes into standby mode, and then repeat this process for about 10 mins. I am guessing the caps need to be warmed up first before the display will actually work.
    After doing this for around 10 mins, I can then turn on the computer, and the display will work fine.

Here are some pics of the displays power board, and a pic of the only cap I can see that is showing signs of failure:

Any information on the best route to fixing this display would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
    Andy.

Re: Belinea 102035W Help

Spend the ten bucks on good quality capacitors and go from there.
    Al
    Looks like seven capacitors,you can leave the big alone.
    Last edited by alexanna; 01-22-2011, 08:59 AM. Reason: added something
    Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

yeah, I've already looked around, and the capacitor I need is a 1000uf 16v, which I can get on ebay. I'll sort one out next week, after I fine my soldering iron.

Comment

I would replace all of them except the large one,It looks like seven.
        Ask and find out what series of capacitors you are getting.
        I do not know about some of the Ebay caps be careful.
        Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Well, if you know of anywhere I can buy them online in the UK, please by all means let me know. I would very much like to get this monitor working again, its a great display.

Comment

Originally posted by Andeh View Post
            Well, if you know of anywhere I can buy them online in the UK, please by all means let me know. I would very much like to get this monitor working again, its a great display.
            I don't know about UK but I'm sure someone will.
            Al

Comment

ok thanks. i'll wait for a reply from someone in the uk

Comment

RS components and Farnell seem to be the main distributors in the UK. Many members recommend Panasonic FM or FC series caps for best results. Do as alexannsa suggested and replace all except for the large cap. The ones nearest the heatsink have been exposed to a lot of heat because of the poor design.

Comment

Andeh,
                  Go to http://www.esr.co.uk/components/......Look for the 105 degree range,and they will do you I suspect.Farnell have a Minimum order value of £20 plus Vat.

Comment

well, I had a look at the RS components website, and they seem to have all the caps I need. It will cost me just under £10. I feel a bit stupid, but I can't get my head around the esr website. If you're willing to help me out, I can list the caps on power board, and you can pick out the ones i need for me

Comment

At esr, just download the Catalogue,from top right,page 8,green caps,105degress,radial,and select by uF and Voltager. ring them,and should cost you less than £5 which includes the £2.50 P&P for what you want.

Comment

Ok, ive placed my order with esr.co.uk. it should cost me £3.69 for 7 capacitors. Thats pretty cheap!

Comment

Ok I have a problem now. It appears I overlooked the other 2 circuit boards in this monitor (don't ask how, I honestly don't know)

I have no idea what these 2 boards do, but i'm sure most of you here will know exactly what they are, and what problems they can cause.

After inspecting these 2 boards, I have found a total of 7 bad capacitors. I can replace them, but it's going to have to be put on hold for 2 weeks untill I can find some spare money to buy them.

Comment

The first board is the logic board, and man it looks ugly. Definitely replace those as dirty power going to the logic board could kill the processor. Although unlikely, better safe than sorry. The other board is the inverter board, and it could well be the source of your backlight issues.
                            Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                            Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                            A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Okay, I should of mentioned this before, but I let it go.

PLEASE use the manage attachments function here to post your images and please do not post inline.

Offsite hosting means pictures disappear in the future and inline posting slows down loading of pages.
                              --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by Andeh View Post
                                Ok, ive placed my order with esr.co.uk. it should cost me £3.69 for 7 capacitors. Thats pretty cheap!
                                Took a quick look at this site and it looks like the caps are some off brand, 105 deg C, general purpose caps. Not the high ripple, low-esr caps that members here recommend. You did save money, but it looks like you didn't do yourself any favors.

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
                                  Took a quick look at this site and it looks like the caps are some off brand, 105 deg C, general purpose caps. Not the high ripple, low-esr caps that members here recommend. You did save money, but it looks like you didn't do yourself any favors.
                                  its ok. out of those caps I ordered, I only intend to use one of them. Infact, having said that, when I come to order the other 7 I need, I might just order the extra one.

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
                                    I advised him to buy those caps.I have used them for the last 3 years, with no returns,and no failures.In my limited experience,Very low esr caps,which are also available from this Manufacturer,via the UK distributor Anglia,are necessary,in some cases BUT not in every position,and i had no qualms at all in advising him to purchase them.

Comment

To be honest, I don't mind using the cheapest caps I can find, as long as they work. If I can get a few extra months out of this monitor, i'll be happy.

Comment

Good news. Replaced the caps, and it powers up like normal now

Really is a nice monitor when its running fine.

I suprised myself with how clean my soldering was, I'm not an expert with a soldering iron, but my joints looked just like the joins already present on the board.

I am a happy bunny
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X