Pioneer 1410-HD Plasma Vertical Line Top Right 1/3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer 1410-HD Plasma Vertical Line Top Right 1/3rd

I got in a hulking monster of a 65" Pioneer Plasma TV...

Any idea what could be causing that line (see pic)??

If it's not any easy fix, I am thinking of just using it as a display monitor in the front of my shop.. Kinda scared ta put it up on a wall, though..
    Attached Files

Re: Pioneer 1410-HD Plasma Vertical Line Top Right 1/3rd

I'm not even going to say it unfortunately. Just use it like it is.
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Yea, that's my thinking as well..

Comment

Not certain how the drive is done on this tv but look for drive board on the top RHS connections to the panel . Tap the connector lining up with the panel or un clip and re clip the tab connector , see if that fixes the problem
        Almost 99% not a panel fault

Comment

I'll check that when I get into the shop tomorrow. Monday is my day off..

The thing is built like a tank... Heavy thick metal frame.. It's gonna be fun to tear down..

Not sure if it's relevant, but the "line" is actually made up of 2 or 3 very thin lines. And they change color.. Sometimes shades of red (red, orange, yellow) sometimes shades of blue (blue, green)

Thanx for all the replies..
          Last edited by Michale32086; 04-30-2018, 04:29 AM.

Comment

OK fiddled with the tab bonds and the buffer board.. Still has that line.. Ordered a replacement buffer board..

Hopefully the problem is in the board and not the panel...

Thanx for the help.. I'll follow up and advise the result..

Comment

Final dispo on this..

Turns out it was in the display panel.. Replaced the buffer board, still had the same quarter line..

Oh well.... I'll pair it with an XBOX 360 system and, for $100, it will make someone an awesome 65" gaming monitor..

Onward and upward...

Comment

Definitely a dead panel. You should know better than replacing the buffer board because that deals entirely with rows. There is no failure of the buffer board that could cause this fault. Literally nothing could fail in that way on the buffer board, due to the principle of operation (see my previous posts on why buffer boards should be called scan drivers, and why they are pretty easy to diagnose really.)
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                  Definitely a dead panel. You should know better than replacing the buffer board because that deals entirely with rows. There is no failure of the buffer board that could cause this fault. Literally nothing could fail in that way on the buffer board, due to the principle of operation (see my previous posts on why buffer boards should be called scan drivers, and why they are pretty easy to diagnose really.)
                  "Something that would have been good ta know YESTERDAY!!!!"
                  -Adam Sandler, WEDDING SINGER

Just kidding..

Yea, live and learn.. It only cost me $12 to find out what a nimnull I am...

But I did get a win today.. A Panny P60"... Another Dead As The Proverbial Doornail Panasonic.. Ordered a new Main Video board and it came up like a champ!

So, all in all, not a bad day..
                  Last edited by Michale32086; 05-04-2018, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Yea. I knew it was a bad panel. That's why I said what I said earlier. Just run it as is. NEC/Fujitsu had this problem quite a bit in the mid 2000s.
                    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                      Yea. I knew it was a bad panel. That's why I said what I said earlier. Just run it as is. NEC/Fujitsu had this problem quite a bit in the mid 2000s.
                      Yes ya did.. OTOH Hope springs eternal..

Comment

Working...
                      X