Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haier 55E5500Ua 55" LCD/LED HDTV - Bad LCD Panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haier 55E5500Ua 55" LCD/LED HDTV - Bad LCD Panel?

Got this Haier 55E5500Ua 55" LCD/LED HDTV with the right side of the display darker with temporary image burning. Please check out the pictures. Is this a failing LCD panel? thanks for the help
    Attached Files

Re: Haier 55E5500Ua 55" LCD/LED HDTV - Bad LCD Panel?

Probably. The issue may be possible to rectify if it is a panel that has a column of tabs on both sides of the panel.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, tom66. What should I look for on the side tabs?

Comment

If it has side tabs you may be able to remove them on the bad side. This may fix the problem or permanently destroy the panel. Unfortunately it is a fault that usually cannot be fixed if this does not work. See here:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48477
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

The picture that show the test pattern looks pretty good as in no horizontal or vertical issues. The darkness is likely caused by that side not getting proper powering. IF this panel has no side edge boards with tabs but just tabs themselves, they get their drive from the bottom corner / edge board. You might find a SMD component in that area in trouble. If not potential a track in the edge of the panel itself having an issue.

Ultimately, if neither of these are found, the panel maybe saveable by removing the tabs along the trouble side... if indeed they exist.

Comment

thank y'all for the info, I'll open her back up and check for the side tabs issue.

Comment

Working...
            X