Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is here a need to recap - Biostar TForce 6100 S754

Hello, in my server is this motherboard:

I know, the Pictures are not that good, but you can zoom in.

Are there some Badcaps?
    Thank you

Sorry if my English is not 100% correct, but I hope you can understand it.

Regards

Re: Is here a need to recap - Biostar TForce 6100 S754

looks ok
    what is the problem you have
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

I have no problem, but this Board is in a little µATX Case, with weak ariflow, and I don´t want, that the system crash because of crappy Caps.

Thanks
      I hope other user with the same question will look at this thread, so they knwo, that everything is ok.
      Thank you

Regards

Comment

the silver/blue are chemicon polymer. you should have no problems with those

the others are chemicon kzg. they were known as good caps but recently we have seen some fails (maybe due to board design or temperature)

so if you really want to make sure then replace the kzg but they are probably going to be ok.

the important thing for server is to have good airflow. especially over the hard disks (like to have a fan in front of them) and to have space between the hard disks. good to have exhaust fan for the case also.

also to have quality psu.

so i dont recommend anyway to have a poor case if you are intending to have the hard disks working very hard.
        capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Ok, thanks, do you know in what German Online Shop I can buy Rubycon MBC, to replace the KZG?

btw.: My HDDs are in such ... I don´t know how you call them in English^^: http://www.rsssim.com/images/Big/135...6_mb122blk.jpg

My PSU is a little Fortron, I think Fortrons are good PSUs.
          Thank you

Regards

Comment

Unless this server will be put on a somhow mission kritical duty, i would certainely not doing a premptive recaping. I would prefer to add some fans ( may be at low rpm if noise is a concern).
            If you have enough soldering skill, to replace those cap`s easily, than my be you can replace those 16v 1500uf vrm input KZG caps. The KZG series was the one, we have seen some problems if the temp was high. Thus replacing them with Panasonic FM (only availiable with Ø 12,5mm ) or may be Rubycon MCZ (well, MCZ are same endurance like those KZG....) could be worth it. Shure, some Solid polymer caps would be fine too, but at 16v i have not seen anything with that high capzitance. From the endurance point of view it should be fine.

Now in Germany you probably can only source some Panasonic FC/ FM or the same KZG / KZE caps. MCZ are only from waifong or may be some Samxon GC / GD from Bigpope.
            Any way, from my point of view, i would not do it preemtive, if you can recape it when problems occure. Those caps should be fine for at least one to 4 years if temps are between 40 to 80°c. For realy hot ambient temp, i only suggest some Oscon caps. May be 470uF will be sufficient for this system.

Comment

I have the 939 version of that board in a cramped beige box, so far so good, and it gets pretty hot where I live, 45*c in the summer, translates to ~30*c inside my house with no AC...

MD
              Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

Ok, thanks, so I will recap these Bad Caps.

THX
                Thank you

Regards

Comment

Working...
                X