Vizio VO32L FHDTV 10A Powers ON will not Power OFF No Pic or Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio VO32L FHDTV 10A Powers ON will not Power OFF No Pic or Sound

Ok here is an update on this one. I looked into an Eeprom and it was 15$ with no real guarantee that was my problem. I elected to go ahead and get a main board on ebay for 20 with free shipping from a recycler. Put it all back together and plugged it up and DAMN now it has a picture problem big time. I have attached some photos, it comes on and I can see the no signal message and can pull up and go through the menu. It seems as the vertical position is wrong and the screen is mostly green or blue with pixellated fuzzy purple wording and menus. This set is really testing me, but its just one I had laying around and became determined to fix. Any help would be very appreciated thank you guys so much.
    Attached Files

Comment

Try a factory reset.

Comment

I did a power cycle and a reset through the menu and no dice. I am just wondering what I am dealing with here, I am guessing a T-conn issue possibly, if anyone can confirm through past experience I was wondering if there is any way to fix this on a component level, or am I in new board territoty. Thing that really puzzles me is how could this thing have a power issue, then a main board issue and then a T-conn issue if that is the problem?

Comment

Could try a firmware update/reapply.

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
            Hi capleaker; does the Epprom comes pre-programmed? i have Vizio E320-B2 in same symptoms and suggested fix the epprom!
            Those from SJ are drop in.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
              Could try a firmware update/reapply.
              Im not sure if I can do that on this old guy. I am looking and looking for firmware files to upgrade but I am kind of caught in a loop of little or no info. Seems like the only ones with firmware update are the smarttvsand smartcast models. If you have a source for this stuff let me know.

Comment

That is a tough one, there's some in one of the stickies above but finding the right one is like trying to pick fly shit out of pepper.

Comment

Well this is about where I draw the line on this one, it may remain one of the great unsolved mysteries of our time, if anyone needs parts off this like recapped power supply or VO 32L/ VO 37 L Main board let me know before it gets recycled.

Comment

You can replace the eeprom from the old board and give a try

Comment

Guess it's possible your new mainboard is faulty or maybe you need a tcon, could try testing the tcon GAMMA voltages and reseating, cleaning the connectors. Could be the old AS-15 or equivalent acting up, maybe try another factory reset, sometimes the first doesn't take.
                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 05-26-2018, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Is the mainboard set up for the correct lcd panel. Can you change the panel model in the service menu?
                        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Working...
                        X