Clear All

Am I on the right track?

I have 3300uf 10v 12.5mm
    3300uf 6.3 10mm
    1000uf 10v 8mm

http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?hand..._pcodeid=64703

http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?hand..._pcodeid=64704

http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?hand..._pcodeid=64703

Could some check to see if I am ordering the right ones?

There are so many choices on each page....I AM SO CONFUSED!!!!
    Bosstone74

Re: Am I on the right track?

The first and third links, both for Nichicon PW series parts are probably OK. The second link is for a VZ series part, which is not a good choice for motherboard VRM filtering or P/S O/P filtering. Look for low impedance (sometimes called low ESR) series parts, for example:

Nichicon PW or HE

Panasonic FC or FM

United Chemicon LXV, LXY, LXZ, KY, or KZE

These are all available from Digi-Key. Rubycon has good parts too (ZL, ZLH come to mind, though there are other series that are favored here abouts), but I don't know what disties carry them. Topcat, who owns this site, seems to offer a fair amount of Rubycon product.
    PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
    To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteS in CA
      The first and third links, both for Nichicon PW series parts are probably OK. The second link is for a VZ series part, which is not a good choice for motherboard VRM filtering or P/S O/P filtering. Look for low impedance (sometimes called low ESR) series parts, for example:

Nichicon PW or HE

Panasonic FC or FM

United Chemicon LXV, LXY, LXZ, KY, or KZE

These are all available from Digi-Key. Rubycon has good parts too (ZL, ZLH come to mind, though there are other series that are favored here abouts), but I don't know what disties carry them. Topcat, who owns this site, seems to offer a fair amount of Rubycon product.
      WOW I really appreciate the response!!
      Bosstone74

Comment

another problem that I see is that on digikey they don't seem to list the size...???
        Bosstone74

Comment

can't someone just tell me the specific ones to get?

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Last edited by BossTone74; 01-16-2006, 08:38 PM.
          Bosstone74

Comment

Here are the Digi-Key catalog pages for lytics. The charts for the different series include the dimensions.
            PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
            To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

this whole thing just makes me worried I'd be getting the wrong ones
              Bosstone74

Comment

Yes, it's confusing, just keep your wits about you and look for low impedance/low ESR types. I'd recommend Panasonic FM and Nichicon HE. What board are you recapping?
                The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris1992
                  Yes, it's confusing, just keep your wits about you and look for low impedance/low ESR types. I'd recommend Panasonic FM and Nichicon HE. What board are you recapping?
                  It's an Shuttle FV25
                  Bosstone74

Comment

PM Topcat for FV25 recap advice, he's done many of those. I'm not big on the SFF thing.
                    The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

You can use 3300/6.3, 4700/6.3 or 5600/6.3 in place of the 3300/10 12.5. This only filters Vcore, so 10v is not required. I used Rubycon YXG 5600/6.3 on the FV-24 (where it replaced 3 x Gloria 3900/10 12.5mm), but the Nichicon PW(M) 3300/10 12.5mm is also a perfectly usable choice.

In place of the 2 x 3300/6.3 10mm (which originally was 2x2700/6.3 10mm on the FV24), I used 1x Nichicon PW(M) 3300/10 12.5mm in parallel with a Panasonic FC 1000/10 10mm - this fits and works fine.

All the 1000/10 8mm can be replaced with Rubycon YXG 1000/6.3 8mm, but there are numerous alternatives including Panasonic FK/FC etc.- 6.3v is fine for all these caps.

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/kits/
                        might just be cheaper and easier to get the kit.

Comment

Working...
                        X