Air Supply Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Supply Systems

I need Air Supply Systems in my Workbench.

(1)Vacuum Air Supply System

(2)Compressed Air System

(3)Exhaust Air system

I don't want to spend too much money to achieve this goal. At the same time, I don't want to use an unwieldy compressor of the refrigerator, so I went to buy a small portable ice maker machine over the thrifty store, paid $4.98, for my vacuum, compressed and exhaust air System.

I opened it but I have two questions?

(1) How to recycle refrigerant In this small compressor? or just use pipe cutter?

(2)4-Way Solenoid Valve, This means it has a heating supply system? Can I use this valve to make a switchable air blow gun and vacuum solder gun in one?

Vacuum Air Supply is mainly for placement of SMD parts, Compressed Air System is mainly for the automatic adhesive, and solder paste deposit system.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by capwizard; 03-13-2019, 07:58 AM.

Re: Air Supply Systems

You can do it but it will not last long because the compressor is made for refrigerant not for air when the oil in compressor mixes with air causes the oil to become an ascetic and a tack the winding in the compressor motor

In a former life I used to do air conditioning and refrigeration work for a living

The EPA state a very small amount of refrigerant can be released into the atmosphere less than a pound use your own judgment on this but it would be better if you had some one recover the refrigerant

The valve that you are taking is the same way in that valve will not last because it uses the compressor oil is used to lubreacte the rubber seals in the valve plus it uses the pressure to switch from one side of the valve to the other side of valve

You should use a small air compressor for this
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 03-13-2019, 08:05 AM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

You should use a small air compressor for this......But I really hate the sound of the air compressor. Sometimes it suddenly works, scared the hell out of me so I need a quieter machine.
      Last edited by capwizard; 03-13-2019, 08:11 AM.

Comment

are you thinking a constant pump, or adding a reservoir bottle and a pressure-switch?

Comment

Yes. is that what I'm going to do next, l will use the canned food cans as reservoirs for both pressure air and vacuum air.

The problem is I found out the ice maker machine is working perfectly and 4-way switch is for the Heat. I would like to use it to make my organic ice cream machine, don't worry, I will find another one.

Picture 2) It only took 1 minute to have ice on it and the machine works quietly and I have to put my hand on the machine to know that it is working.

Four ways switch and compressor (run on 5.12A) are AC 110v.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by capwizard; 03-13-2019, 10:18 AM.

Comment

The question is: what are you using air and vacuum for? Hopefully not cleaning?

Note that not only you need to oil these compressors, the air needs to be clean else you're going to destroy the pump in short order.

Comment

I have made several of these silent compressors over the years for people, and despite what one would think and expect from the lack of proper lubricant they do seem to work for low volume intermittent work. You probably don't want to be using a tin can for an air receiver or vacuum chamber, if I recall I used small empty welding Co2 cylinders. As a compressor this will probably work for you, but as per the above poster using it as a vacuum for your solder extractor will most likely destroy the pump in short order.

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
                The question is: what are you using air and vacuum for? Hopefully not cleaning?

Note that not only you need to oil these compressors, but the air also needs to be clean else you're going to destroy the pump in short order.
                Vacuum is for pick up and places the SMD components for my Universal SMD Packages Work Station (under construction) and COF bonding machine. Air is for glue and solder paste syringe auto dispenser that will not need a lot of CFMs and most of the time the machine (compressor) should be off and I think there is a way to keep on putting lubricant oil inside the compressor.

One more question is this compressor refrigerant uses R12?
                Last edited by capwizard; 03-13-2019, 12:05 PM.

Comment

And the bonuses are

A 12-volt fan, a 12-volt water pump, a synchronous motor, a resister sensor, two switches, and an LCD display.

One more question is this tube attached to the compressor what is it used for and what can I do with it? Picture 2 at left side.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by capwizard; 03-13-2019, 12:52 PM.

Comment

That tube is used for charging the system with freon. once charged it is pinched, the tube is cut off (usually has the valve on it) and soldered closed.
                    It can be left asis

Comment

Thank you, Mr. sti

Then, this will be a good lubricant oil injection port after we can install a bicycle tube gas valve on it.

Comment

Originally posted by capwizard View Post
                        Yes. is that what I'm going to do next, l will use the canned food cans as reservoirs for both pressure air and vacuum air.
                        Be wary of burst pressure ratings on those (likely UNRATED containers).

An alternative might be an expansion tank for a water heater -- they're definitely pressure rated and probably good to at least 80psi (which is a nominal municipal water pressure in most areas). One and 3 gallon sizes being fairly common.

Comment

or an empty fire extinguisher / gas bottle for NOS / CO²

Comment

Use an old propane or freon tank or one of the smaller 16oz canisters
                            If a compressor starting
                            scared the hell out of me
                            what will happen to you when a food can explodes/implodes?
                            Last edited by R_J; 03-14-2019, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Thank you, 16 oz Propane Fuel Cylinders would be very suitable.

But, Sorry everyone, I changed my mind, because I knew that is working, so I can't cut the cooling tube, I mean, I am a repairman, How could I break a good thing deliberately?

So, I made the biggest decision in my life.....I decided to use this ice maker to freeze beer or drink for spring break...Yeah ...yeah... picture 1, 2, 3.

So, my plan is going to be suspended.

picture 4) Who can resist this temptation? with 100% Coke ice cubes floating on it. Can you imagine if that is beer?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by capwizard; 03-15-2019, 05:27 AM.

Comment

I found a working water dispenser compressor by dumpster diving, leaking water is the reason this water dispenser was thrown away.

I have questions? what is oil 6C (picture 2)? can I use car transmission oil for this compressor?

This compressor has a PTC relay and a over-current protector, but, my question is why this compressor has no start capacitor? And I have no problem to start this compressor?

Where do I need to inject lubricant oil? inject from the tube that the original manufacturer sealed?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Ptc relay fix on refrigerator compressore
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZHc...ature=youtu.be

Potential Relays - Commercial Refrigeration
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv4Z...ature=youtu.be
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by capwizard; 03-25-2019, 12:23 AM.

Comment

I don't know why you're obsessed with using a refrigerant pump, perhaps it's all those youtube videos. Anyway the reason why it's not suggested is that these pumps is that they are closed systems, and the oil is part of the refrigerant being pumped. When you're using it as a vacuum or air compressor, it's no longer a closed system. You basically have to inject oil into the suction/vacuum stream continuously in order to meet lubrication requirements.

You can go to hazard fraught tools and buy some compressor oil which should be fine for these. Except you'll get oil splatter everywhere as it's now an open system.

Comment

...I don't know why you're obsessed with using a refrigerant pump,...

It is because of the weight, I need a small compressor to fit inside my old PC case. It does not need a lot of power (CFM), a vacuum is to pick up the BGA or SMD parts, compressed air is to inject the solder paste, manly is to improve my BGA rework station. ( I thought about using 852D hot air station, inside has a vacuum pump, but I can't bear it noise.) I am not a perfectionist but I need it to be quiet in order to attentive work.

.... inject oil into the suction/vacuum stream continuously in order to meet lubrication requirements...

You're right on, I cut the tube that the manufacturer sealed and found out that was same as suction/vacuum port.

one question, please, air output tube has some brass brazing solder over there how can I get rid of it in order to fit inside my air quick connectors. (I have a propane torch?)
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by capwizard; 03-25-2019, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Hola, I just used a propane torch and successfully took out the ( silver solder?). then I ground it into this specification (1/4 inch) with waterproof sandpaper (sand cloth).

I put 500ml transmission fluid to the suction/vacuum tube which sucked oil all in.

I do have a question can compressor be a water pump?

I have a quiz for everybody.... is there any company use this idea put HVAC compressor to make a commercial air compressor or vacuum pump for sale?
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by capwizard; 03-25-2019, 06:00 PM.

Comment

....I have a quiz for everybody.... is there any company use HVAC compressor make a commercial air compressor or vacuum pump for sale?....

the answer is yes, because I bought an air compressor from the thrift store, I fixed it by WD-40 the crankshaft, that I don’t know which company made it. Can someone tell me? Is it an antique made in Germany over World War II?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
                                        What's inside a Refrigerator Compressor
                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uwx-_VecHo

Fridge Compressors get Naked!
                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7zYPj5nwQI
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by capwizard; 03-26-2019, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X