Sony KDL-55EX620 stand-by present, no stand-by light, AC_OFF_DET @.47V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony KDL-55EX620 stand-by present, no stand-by light, AC_OFF_DET @.47V

My sugestion was to fake the ac detect line to the main board, that was in case the fault WAS caused by the missing ac detect voltage from the power supply. If the fault was caused by a missing ac detect, faking the voltage should have made the main board think the ac was ok and at least give a standby led.

Comment

Originally posted by DXseekerMO View Post
      This I will do, but I was looking back in the thread and the only thing I see for forcing anything on is the 500-1000ohm resistor between STBY3.3 and AC_OFF_DET to see if the stand-by ligh.
      this to jumber to AC_OFF_DET don't do it... just do the forcing power on with out MB
      Last edited by Diah; 03-21-2019, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
        My sugestion was to fake the ac detect line to the main board, that was in case the fault WAS caused by the missing ac detect voltage from the power supply. If the fault was caused by a missing ac detect, faking the voltage should have made the main board think the ac was ok and at least give a standby led.
        fake the ac detect line not good idea.. and will toost the main cpu. with out MB connect will have no any effect. leave please this idea.. powering psu with out MB only over all sets the best way to judge the psu only

Comment

as long as you don't back feed to the PSU, why not? The main board is already damaged to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
            fake the ac detect line not good idea.. and will toost the main cpu. with out MB connect will have no any effect. leave please this idea.. powering psu with out MB only over all sets the best way to judge the psu only
            Then you should never connect the power supply to the main board because it supplies 3.3 volts to the ac detect line and you are saying that it will damage the board
            Nothing is going to get TOOSTED
            Under normal conditions there will be 3.3 volts on the ac detect line. supplied FROM the power supply TO the main board
            If you wanted to be extra carefull use an 8.2k resistor, thats what the power supply uses
            Last edited by R_J; 03-21-2019, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Would someone mind telling me how to force on the PSU? I do agree it is a good idea to verify it's operational condition regardless of the state of the main board.

If the voltages come up to their prescribed targets then the main board should be confirmed as being bad?

Just to confirm, the drop in AC_OFF_DET voltage from 3.3 to .47 is abnormal? 3.3 not hooked up to the main, .47 hooked up.
              Last edited by DXseekerMO; 03-21-2019, 09:24 PM.
              They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

It may not be that easy on this power supply because of ic6151, Disconnect CN6101 from the main. try placing a 1k resistor from STBY3.3v to POWER_ON, and you may also need a 1k from STBY3.3v to PFC_ON
                Then to turn on the t-con 12 volts you likely need another 1k from STBY3.3v to T-CON_ON
                Yes the drop in AC_OFF_DET is not normal, it should be 3.3 volts when a/c is applied and is good
                Something is loading it down, It could be that the ic is bad (not likely) or it could be that the ic is not working correctly due to corrupt firmare and the pin is just being held low.
                Last edited by R_J; 03-21-2019, 09:52 PM.

Comment

It may not be that easy on this power supply because of ic6151, Disconnect CN6101 from the main. try placing a 1k resistor from STBY3.3v to POWER_ON, and you may also need a 1k from STBY3.3v to PFC_ON
                  Then to turn on the t-con 12 volts you likely need another 1k from STBY3.3v to T-CON_ON
                  Yes the drop in AC_OFF_DET is not normal, it should be 3.3 volts when a/c is applied and is good
                  Something is loading it down, It could be that the ic is bad (not likely) or it could be that the ic is not working correctly due to corrupt firmare and the pin is just being held low.
                  With that info I'm thinking not to force it on, no sense in forcing on a guaranteed board.

What IC are you referring to, the main "X-REALITY" chip or something like flash memory?

Comment

I refered to two, the one on the power supply which might require pfc_on first, then power_on or the other way around? I don't have one to try

And the ac_off_detect line might be held low in the x-reality chip if the ic is not operating correctly, You would need to find the datasheet on the ic and find out how that port ae5 is controlled, for example many ports can be configured as inputs or outputs, if the program is not telling the port which way to act, it might just be sitting
                    low, thats why the ac_off_det line is going low when the main is connected.

Comment

Regarding to AC_DET force on is safe or not, if you look at the schematic of the power supply, you will see that the PULL-UP resistor resistance is 8K2 +100 OHms, so you can simulate that by disconnecting the wire going back to the main board first then use 8K2 resistor between the AC_DET pin on the main board and the STBY 3.3V to simulate AC_DET.
                      @3.3V with 8K2 Ohms, max current will be only about 0.4mA.
                      Attached Files
                      Never stop learning
                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

I refered to two, the one on the power supply which might require pfc_on first, then power_on or the other way around? I don't have one to try

And the ac_off_detect line might be held low in the x-reality chip if the ic is not operating correctly, You would need to find the datasheet on the ic and find out how that port ae5 is controlled, for example many ports can be configured as inputs or outputs, if the program is not telling the port which way to act, it might just be sitting
                        low, thats why the ac_off_det line is going low when the main is connected.
                        The "X-REALITY" chip is number CXD4733GB. No luck on a datasheet. With the TV in this configuration its not looking like anything a forced update would fix.

Originally posted by budm View Post
                        Regarding to AC_DET force on is safe or not, if you look at the schematic of the power supply, you will see that the PULL-UP resistor resistance is 8K2 +100 OHms, so you can simulate that by disconnecting the wire going back to the main board first then use 8K2 resistor between the AC_DET pin on the main board and the STBY 3.3V to simulate AC_DET.
                        @3.3V with 8K2 Ohms, max current will be only about 0.4mA.
                        Is this something I should do to eliminate the PSU as the problem? Like R_J said if the stand-by light comes on the problem may not be the main board? I have the old board I can swipe an 8.2Kohm resistor out of to try it.

Comment

I doubt the problem is with the AC_OFF_DET at this point, if the power supply was the cause I don't think there would be 3.3 volts on the AC_DFF_DET with the main unplugged.

Comment

I doubt the problem is with the AC_OFF_DET at this point, if the power supply was the cause I don't think there would be 3.3 volts on the AC_DFF_DET with the main unplugged.
                            I agree. I think at this point it's time to get a main board coming, which I will endeavor to do this weekend.

It looks like whatever board I buy I will have to do a firmware update?
                            Last edited by DXseekerMO; 03-22-2019, 04:37 PM.

Comment

If you want to try using a resistor from 3.3v to the AC_OFF_DET line just use anything around 8 -10k should work, even a couple 4.7k in series, you should be able to make something up to try. I would connect the resistors from the 3.3 volts then to the + of my meter, then touch the meter probe to the AC_OFF_DET line, if the voltage stays up, thats good, if it drops, its likely the main loading it

You had mentioned that you measured 14k to ground on the AC_OFF_DET line, that should not load the 3.3 volts down. thats why I suspect that when the 3.3 volt standby is applied to the main board, the CXD4733GB internally loads that pin because at this point it's stupid.
                              Last edited by R_J; 03-22-2019, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Main board on the way

Comment

Main board has arrived! Now I just have to find out if I have to update it before I turn it on.

Comment

So I am trying to update this absolute unmitigated piece of F*****G MONKEY S**T....and all I get is a blinking red stand-by light.

WHAT the F**K is it with these G*****N Sony's and the absolute pain in the A55 bunch of F*****G BULLS**T it is to get these updated by USB.....

I'm so f**king pissed off now I don't know whether to s**t or go blind.

Will someone PLEASE tell me how to apply an update via USB before I beat the living F**K out of this thing with a ball bat and tie it to my SS Minnow of a g*****n boat for an anchor?

Comment

This NO GOOD MOTHER FU*KER!

I have followed BOTH the Sony procedure on their website AND the procedure from ShopJimmy and this WRETCHED FU*K STILL WON'T UPDATE!

FU*K THIS SH*T...where's the JIM BEAM?????

Comment

I'm just about at the end of what I can take here.

SYMPTOMS:

After board installed, tv plugged in, USB stick with file inserted, TV turned on, screen flashed white, screen turned off, stand-by light blinks 5 times and nothing happens.

Punk mother f*cking god damn piece of shit and hold my breath as I wait for death. God dammit all to hell anyf*ckingways.

Comment

Oh I forgot to mention......the stand-by light flashes 5 times.

Looks like I better re-check my connections to the panel.

One more thing.....I don't care if you plate this TV in gold....it's still a piece of sh*t.

Comment

Working...
                                          X