LG 55EG9600-UA No Picture or Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 55EG9600-UA No Picture or Sound

Hello. Recently rescued an LG 55EG9600 from the electronics recycling bin which is 9ne of my finest finds yet (assuming I can get it working). Brought the TV home and plugged it in - immediately powered up and the LG symbol bounced around the screen for a bit, no issues with the picture or anything. About 10 minutes after this, tv started rebooting. Powered it down and back up a few times and eventually got to a point where pressing the power button results in the bottom IR board lighting up and blinking slowly three times before fading to nothing. Have done some research and have tried the power only command (building an ir blaster and playing a .wav file through your phone). The only thing is that the Power_Only command isnt resulting in any panel activity. IR board is still receiving signals (universal remote cycles power). When power is turned on, LG Light on IR board lights up and flashes 3 times, then nothing. No panel glow or anything. The optical port on the main board is lit and theres power to the USB ports. Am also getting 3.5v all over the main board. There is a slight hum comming from the TCON board. There are two power rails leading into the TCon, one provides 12v which is receiving correct voltage and the other is a 24vd supply that is receiving 0.75v from the power supply. There is also no panel activiry when I jump the pwr-on to 3.5v and Drv-on to 12v-on on the power supply pins that would receive these commands from the main board. The panel looks like its in good condition and i dont see any burn marks or any swollen caps on any of the boards. Wondering what any potential next steps would be?

Re: LG 55EG9600-UA No Picture or Sound

some high resolution pictures of your boards, please.

Comment

Sure thing! A few pictures of the boards are attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jimanez11 View Post
        There are two power rails leading into the TCon, one provides 12v which is receiving correct voltage and the other is a 24vd supply that is receiving 0.75v from the power supply. There is also no panel activiry when I jump the pwr-on to 3.5v and Drv-on to 12v-on on the power supply pins that would receive these commands from the main board.
        You may not have turned all of the PSU on. There is a third, something like 1zvt-on for some reason. The LED's won't work until the 24V rail is on. You may also need the Dim control.

Comment

Heres a closeup of the pinouts for the main board connection. I think that third one is 12vt-on. Do you think I would need to jump all "ons" (12vt-on, Drv-on, and Pwr-on) to a 3.5v supply to get everything powered on? In the past i jumped Pwr-on to 3.5v, and Drv-on to 12vt-on, which didnt do anything except switch a relay on. I also uploaded a picture of the 12 volt and 24vd power ouuts from the PSU and how theyre connected to the TCon. The 12 volt works fine and is showing the correct voltage, just not the 24vd.

Do you have any idea where or how i could manipulate the Dim?
          Attached Files

Comment

Apparently the tcon side of things didnt get attached. Its included here.
            Attached Files

Comment

hold on... this OLED Set. at your OP first plug in you got LG logo on screen moving round and was no issue with it. then after 10 minute it start tuen off. correct.?

if yes now you are at lock of panel driver. u can use apk for android RCoid with android mobile with IR transmitter built in, or there are other apk Smart Remote many time uploaded over here. both apk u can use them when u have the state as you wrote at OP and send command IN_STOP to roll back all driver as factory condition.

also always plug air mouse ( the receiver usb stick ) at any USB 2.0 slot on TV, ( this will help loading the panel driver always at start up so no more lockout

tell the result
              Last edited by Diah; 03-17-2019, 03:49 PM.

Comment

also on your photo secondary PSU to my eyes as i see on the pfoto the red line broken on C201 C202 check them or warm them up with hair dryer then plug it on

Comment

i just noticed right now you followed and posted ur problem at same model post. where OP fall down with mistake. i do warning you here never never force PSU to turn on while the socked between PSU and Main board connected. especially with OLED sets. this kind of forcing PSU just to check if its okay or not. but always MB should be out from this game.
                  wish you didn't do it...

Comment

Hey Diah - thanks for the responses and suggestions. For my question on the other post about manipulating power on, I was able to get there, but in order to do so, the connection from the PSU to the Main Board needed to be removed so I could jump the pins - only jumping power-on to 3.5v resulted in any relays clicking but the LVDS from the TCon to the main board were still connected, hopefully I didnt mess anything up in doing that. I will definitely be more aware when attempting to jump pins and make sure that everything is disconnected appropriately (will likely await guidance before trying again).

For the In-Stop command - I did try RCoid and downloaded the LG Service Commands remote and tried both Power Only and In-Stop on separate occasions. After sending the "In-Stop" command, I waited about 30 minutes before checking anything again and nothing changed, so not sure that signal was received. When selecting "Power Only" I can hear a relay click, the LG Light flashes 3 times and then nothing - no panel response or glow or anything. I do also have an air remote dongle plugged in to the USB 2.0 port just in case anything resets it or pulls it out of the lockdown mode.

For caps C201 and C202, I checked them last night and they are testing OK - tested them in the circuit though and didnt remove them from the board. In the photo, they do look swollen, but when checking visually, they dont appear to be damaged or anything - it may just be the way the picture turned out. I also used a hot-air gun to heat them up a bit before powering it on and there was no change - still the LG Light flashing three times then nothing.

Comment

you need to connect on PSU 3.5V to DRV-On and 3.5V to the other Pin labeled also at end with -ON , both doing them via resistor 1K Ohm or less till 0.5 K then plug it on and measure the 12 and 24 V if you have them on PSU.

Comment

Alright - I will try that at some point today. That would power up the panel and test the power supply to make sure that all of the correct voltages are capable of being put out?

Comment

Had a chance to try jumping those pins and was able to get both 12v and 24v to be generated from the PSU into the TCon, but there was still absolutely no panel activity - no glow, no flash, no anything... Starting to not look good for the panel?

Comment

we need to know which part now killing the 12 and 24. as the test suggest it before if there no any out put of them, then disconnect T-CON from PSU and do the test again

attached how to test PSU pn LG OLED PSU. follow it exactly
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Diah; 03-18-2019, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Will likely have some time either tonight or tomorrow to go through the steps to test the PSU. Will let you know what the results are.

Comment

Working...
                              X