Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung UN55H6350 no image, has sound -Bad T-con or Panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN55H6350 no image, has sound -Bad T-con or Panel?

I got this Samsung UN55H6350 was told it had sound but no image.

Took the back off. I do have power, and it powers up the main board with sound.

If I disconnect ribbon from Main board to T-con, I get backlight to come on - No image obviously and still have sound.

With Ribbon to T-con connected and ribbons to panel connected - backlights are off.
    With Ribbon to T-con connected and one of the ribbons to panel connected, all the lights come on but no image.
    Doesn't matter which ribbon to the panel is connected to the T-con as long as it's one or the other and then all the lights come on, but still no image.
    I included pics with the ribbons disconnected and backlights as an example.

I did purchase a Main board and T-con from Ebay without much improvement.

Bad T-Con or Panel? Didn't know if you needed pics, but I included them just in case.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UN55H6350 no image, has sound -Bad T-con or Panel?

Test all pins on connector from mainboard to powerbard on powerboard side, all boards connected. Test in standby/plugged in but off, then apply power report both conditions, example: pin 1 bl-on=0 volts standby and 3.3 powered on, report results for every pin. How to video in my signature below.

Comment

Plugged in, standby
      pin 2-1 10.8 v
      pin 4-3 10.8 v
      pin 6-5 10.8 v
      pin 8-7 10.8 v
      pin 10-9 0v

Plugged in, Power on
      pin 2-1 12.8 v
      pin 4-3 12.8 v
      pin 6-5 12.8 v
      pin 8-7 12.8 v
      pin 10-9 0v
      Attached Files

Comment

Theres 10 pins, you checked 13579 now check 2468.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
          Theres 10 pins, you checked 13579 now check 2468.
          How do I do that? if you look at picture of the back of the connector...there's only 5 wires. not 10. I'd have to detach the cable to the main to see all 10 pins and test them unless i'm not understanding what you're saying or there's another approach.
          Last edited by lfhlaw; 01-29-2019, 09:53 PM.

Comment

so anyways I did remove the cable to the main and powered on the board and tested the even pins.
            pin 2 was 2.3 v
            4 was 3.3 v
            6 was 3.9 v
            8 and 10 were 0 volts as expected as both are ground (i'm assuming)

Comment

when you disconnected one of the tcon to panel cables, what happen to the display... you indicate no image but is the display white on the disconnected side?

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                when you disconnected one of the tcon to panel cables, what happen to the display... you indicate no image but is the display white on the disconnected side?

Yes white on both sides still or the LEDs are lit to both sides and no image.

Comment

Check if you have voltage on each side of tcon fuse, black probe on a ground. Fuse is probably white labeled F1.
                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-30-2019, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Check if you have voltage on each side of tcon fuse, black probe on a ground. Fuse is probably white labeled F1.
                    I don't see the Fuse.

Might be a stupid question, but do i need to remove the black Heat sink? (I think it's the black heat sink?) or could you circle on the T-con Picture where it is if I don't have to remove the black heat sink?

Comment

Right there by your connector, white fuse labeled F1, nothing needs removed to see it.

Comment

Ok Tested the fuse with the TV Power on and got 12.8 Volts
                        Last edited by lfhlaw; 01-30-2019, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Any other testing? or more a panel issue now?

Comment

Guess you could have bought a bad board, did you try both mainboards with both tcons, meaning each mainboard tried with both tcons? and when the backlights are off with everything connected try shining a flashlight at the screen maybe hit menu on remote and see if you see any text, logo or anything.
                            Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-31-2019, 01:10 PM.

Comment

you likely need to check for voltages at the various TP on the tcon and then trace those towards the panel board especially focused on the side that doesn't work.

Comment

Guess you could have bought a bad board, did you try both mainboards with both tcons, meaning each mainboard tried with both tcons? and when the backlights are off with everything connected try shining a flashlight at the screen maybe hit menu on remote and see if you see any text, logo or anything.

Yes I did try both boards and T-cons mixing and matching with no luck.

I did the flashlight test and no image or Menus whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                                  you likely need to check for voltages at the various TP on the tcon and then trace those towards the panel board especially focused on the side that doesn't work.
                                  Both sides don't work.
                                  The White i think i was referring to earlier is more the LEDs rather than a white "image". The screen itself is blank or dark.

What does "TP" stand for in the "various TP on the tcon"?
                                  Last edited by lfhlaw; 01-31-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

A bad Panel. No fix.

Comment

post a picture. Either way, check the various TP voltages on the tcon. outside of that, you would need a scope to trace signals from the main board, to the tcon, to the panel.

Comment

Originally posted by lfhlaw View Post
                                        Both sides don't work.
                                        The White i think i was referring to earlier is more the LEDs rather than a white "image". The screen itself is blank or dark.

What does "TP" stand for in the "various TP on the tcon"?
                                        TP stands for test points.

Comment

Working...
                                        X