Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Optiplex 380, no post, no beeps, no video

Hi!

So I picked up a Dell Optiplex 380 that was laying around from the university I study on and when I arrived home, got to test it.

The PC came without PSU, so I got in a HP branded one (that was known as good), and in the exact moment I plugged the power supply cord into the power outlet, the computer just started by itself The fans run at max speed, there's no beeps, no video and no post. The computers keeps running and running with the fans at max speed and nothing happens.

Already tried another PSU (a seasonic s12 620w), 2 different sticks of RAM, 3 different CPU's and nothing changed.

No signal of bad caps.

Already re-flashed the BIOS with the help of an external CH341A programmer and no luck either.

I just want to know where to start the diagnosis or if there is any chronic problem in this range of Optiplex.

Thanks.
    Last edited by datsnow; 09-07-2017, 01:15 PM.

Re: Dell Optiplex 380, no post, no beeps, no video

lithium battery good?

Comment

Re: Dell Optiplex 380, no post, no beeps, no video

Originally posted by stj View Post
      lithium battery good?
      Hi, thanks for the reply.

Checked the battery with the multimeter, 0.1~0.2v, it was time for a change, for sure lol

Swapped the battery for a new one and the "in the exact moment I plugged the power supply cord into the power outlet, the computer just started by itself" problem disappeared. Now, when i plug the PSU cord, the board needs my power button click to start.

But, still, the same thing happens. No boot, no beeps and no video and the fans keep running, but now slower, not at full RPM.

Comment

Working...
      X