Vizio VM60P HDTV10A No signs of life except speaker pop when unplugged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio VM60P HDTV10A No signs of life except speaker pop when unplugged

Hi i have this 60" vizio plasma 2007 model i checked all over and there is one thread about this tv with different symptom and its old thread anyways thanks to bad caps i have fixed alot of monitors and 2 plasma and 3 lcd tv's again thanks everyone but this one is a bit of a trick even with the service manual i found this thing has 4 power boards 1 for sound rest for system i might have overdid myself but i paid 100 dollars for it in its condition anyways here is the link to the manual

okay here goes i get power to the sound power supply and to the 1 of 3 power supplies and get 59 volts to the other supplies its supposed to be 65 and no standby voltage and no sings of power after that no va/vs/ nothing notta no power going to the mainboard none to y and x sustin's and nothing anywhere else DEAD!!!! no fans no clicks notta ziltch, exception of a speaker pop when you unplug it. and these supplies are expensive except the 1st one i found is around 60-100 but the big supplies are a tad high 150plus. it's safe to assume its the power supplies one of em or 2. The guy i got it from siad a vizio tech swapped the mainboard and same results, question i have is why did he think it was the mainboard?, when it does not get any kind of voltage to think? am i missing something here? and yes i checked all the main fuses all are good. Any idea's any lead would be greatly appreciated!!! here is few pics prolly not best of the power board 2 and 3 there huge and hard to get good pic's will add more if needed Thanks!!!!!

Re: Vizio VM60P HDTV10A No signs of life except speaker pop when unplugged

Pic's
    Attached Files

Comment

more.
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for the couple typos there.

Comment

this is the 1st primary supply where main power goes in and then to the lower large supply and then from that to the really big supply.
          Attached Files

Comment

Most paid TV techs will just board swap randomly until it works... Can you see if you can test the standby voltage, around 5V?
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

no 5v standby whatsoever its like power goes to the supplies but held hostage there none going out anywhere to any other boards no voltage going to mainboard and none going out. i added a pic to the entire back of tv to aid in its layout.
              Attached Files

Comment

OK, but you get a click/pop from the speakers when unplugged so there is power somewhere. How are you testing the 5V standby?
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

no standby there is a small power supply for sound that is getting power and that runs to the sound amp the small supply is located above left of the mainboard and the sound amp is located right of the mainboard and there is power to that, and the mainboard has sound channel plug from mainboard to sound amp if i unplug this it stops the speaker pop when unplugged, however this small supply is dedicated to the sound amp. the mainboard gets its power from the 2nd power supply above the mainboard and below the biggest supply. it is not getting anything from this supply zilch.

Comment

power comes in and splits in ac current to the sound power supply and the other end goes to the skinny main supply to the right of the 2 big power supplies.

Comment

OK that makes some sense. The main power supply is the part provided by LG as part of the plasma panel assembly. Is it not getting any 120V AC input?

Comment

it is getting 120volts in ac current to the skinny main supply left of the 2 big supplies then still in ac current goes to the bottom supply on 59 volts supposed to be 65volts then from there it goes to the biggest supply still in ac current 59 volts but absolutely no outputs that i can find nowhere other then that. basically no dc current anywhere other then from the sound supply to the amp.

Comment

OK, so when you test the voltage across red and blue here (highlighted in green), you are getting around 59V? That is much too low. It shouldn't be 65V. I think this TV switches off stuff in standby, so it should be close to 0V in standby, and it uses PFC, which gives you around 400V when running. 65V doesn't seem right. Where does it say 65V?
                          Attached Files

Comment

on the skinny supply says 100-240v input

Output

5v (stby)
                            65v (2.2) amp
                            5v vsc (3.5)amp
                            12v (2.0)amp
                            190v (2.0)amp
                            9v (1.0)amp
                            24v (audio) .7amps
                            marked in yellow where it says it can't get a super clear pic for some reason.
                            Attached Files

Comment

have a feeling this supply may be the offender.

Comment

so it should be 190v? i guess i assumed 65v cause i am only getting 59v on those red and blue wires. and its in ac current.

Comment

That's just the line filter. It is one possible cause of the fault but the label on it is just for the whole assembly - all three boards - not just the line filter. Try doing the check I suggested to see if there's a problem.

Comment

ok did the test red probe to red, black probe to blue get 1.5 volts if i move black probe to the chassis and red to red i get now 60 volts and move red probe to blue get 60 volts there too. this is in ac current. now in dc i get red probe to red, black to blue it reads 5.9 to 6.2 set on dc on dmm and nothing when black probe moved to chassis.

Comment

You don't want to be testing to chassis on this side because it's the primary side and is isolated from the chassis. What you are seeing is an isolated chassis floating at around 60V AC (half 120V AC) 60 Hz relative to the live and neutral, it is common nowadays. You need to test for DC voltage across red and blue.

Comment

ok then it fluctuate between 5.9 to 6.1 once in a while 6.5 . in DC Thanks for working with me can't thank you enough.

Comment

Working...
                                        X