X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG LCD magenta vertical tint

hello

LG 32" lcd tv

i have uploaded 2 pictures, 1- showing when the background color is white or light the tint is fully visible and 2- when the bg is dark or black then the tint goes away...on a completely black screen the tint is not visible

i bought it like this because it was cheap and as i don't watch much tv i didn't mind changing it to 4:3, which does not cover the tinted area of the screen... the previous owner said it was like this for about a year...

i have some free time and i was wondering if this is fixable...anyone have any ideas?

any help would be appreciated
    Attached Files

Re: LG LCD magenta vertical tint

Originally posted by member22 View Post
    hello

LG 32" lcd tv

i have uploaded 2 pictures, 1- showing when the background color is white or light the tint is fully visible and 2- when the bg is dark or black then the tint goes away...on a completely black screen the tint is not visible

i bought it like this because it was cheap and as i don't watch much tv i didn't mind changing it to 4:3, which does not cover the tinted area of the screen... the previous owner said it was like this for about a year...

i have some free time and i was wondering if this is fixable...anyone have any ideas?

any help would be appreciated
    Bad driver on the flex conductor in the LCD panel. Unrepairable unless you have the specialized (expensive) equipment.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

thanks for the reply

if possible can u please post a link so i can get a little more information about the flex conductor...

this lcd also has another problem: it is stuck in av2 input source, if the press the button on the remote to change video source there in no response/no menu...
      the front panel on the lcd is also not functional so i cannot use it...could this be related to the flex conductor?

Comment

looks like the panel is going bad, although i would unplug and reconnect all connectors including the tcon cable.

the other issues, im willing to bet thats another issue. this set may ot be worth your time and money to fix...

Comment

Working...
        X