Vizio VM60P HDTV10A No signs of life except speaker pop when unplugged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio VM60P HDTV10A No signs of life except speaker pop when unplugged

i have checked all fuses and all are good just really trying to see if i can fix it without buying another t.v.lol

Comment

To be sure on whether the fault is main or power board related, you need to locate the standby power output and see if it is steady - typical reading 5V. I believe we tried this with heavymachines' TV, but I can't remember at the moment.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

ok i have tested the standby power and i am reading 0 volts

Comment

So, then isolate the main board power connector which has any standby on it (just unplug them all.) If it does not come back, it indicates a bad power board.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

ok i unplugged the connector from the power board to the main board. with the tv still unplugged the standby still has 0 volts

Comment

so i guess i will be looking for a power board. thanks man

Comment

Just to confirm, on any of the power board pins, no output voltages? How are you doing the test? If you have no output voltages then yes, the power board would appear to be bad.

Comment

yea when i didn't get anything with the standby i checked the other connectors also. now when i check the others do i need the tv plugged in? I don't know if this helps but i was watching the tv and it just turned itself off. no storm or power surge at all

Comment

even with the tv plugged in no power to anything on that plug.

Comment

The TV should be plugged in during the test. What part are you using as your ground - for the black lead - the metal chassis?

Comment

yes i am using that and the ground screw in the cabinet.

Comment

OK, it seems like your fault is with the power board; the symptoms and tests appear to show this.

Comment

i can get one on ebay for 80 so it will be a lot cheaper than buying a new tv. i will post results when the board comes in. thanks a lot man u saved me a lot of headache.lol

Comment

Boys we are back in business.lol Thanks a lot for all your help one 80 dollar part saved me having to buy a tv.. thanks again!!

Comment

Glad to hear. Keep your faulty part for future spares!

Comment

Working...
                                X