Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Troubleshooting a External TV Card With no Antenna Signal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubleshooting a External TV Card With no Antenna Signal ?

I have a external TV card that I think has gone bad just recently? It turns on and everything fine including the display and settings OSD. But No matter what I do, I cant get it to display / receive the signal from my dish antenna. It used to work great and over the past two years the signal started to deteriorate and went bad to worse to this stage where I cant actually see any channels on it even if I tune it. I have tried different outlets including the one I use with my TV. No signal. No Channels.

Its a Pixleview Play TV Box 5 that I connected to my little workshops LCD TV.

Last edited by newtoCaps101; 08-24-2011, 08:33 AM.

Re: Troubleshooting a External TV Card With no Antenna Signal ?

Crack that thing open and post pics.
    "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

By the specs, you aren't going to get much from that box unless you hook it up to cable or you live somewhere other than the USA, or maybe if you hook it to your cable signal. The first review I read on it was dated 2002 - that means no ATSC tuner. I don't think it could EVER pick up anything from a dish (Dish?) antenna.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Opps! Sorry I meant I hooked it up to cable, and yet there isn't any picture. Its more like a UHF antenna out side on my roof than a dish and things were working fine a few months ago. My TV is pretty old too and it picks up the cable signal just fine. So I am thinking if there is something wrong with the box itself all of a sudden?

some pics

Sorry about the bad quality
        Last edited by newtoCaps101; 08-24-2011, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Anyone got any idea what I'm missing here?

Comment

List cap values, series and diameter.

I would replace every last one on there.
            "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
              List cap values, series and diameter.

I would replace every last one on there.
              These are all the caps, there are two more in the square receiver thinggy that I couldn't see the values of.

mostly STK & United

25v 470uF x5

16v 220uF x9

16 22uF x7

Are you sure I should replace the caps? The thing works everything great, the caps look good too. just doesn't get any signal from my antenna. maybe something wrng with the square metal box, antenna receiver thinggy?

Comment

series and diameter ?

Check your antenna cable for deterioration [especially outside] and the Balun [if you have one] too.
                Wassa Balun? - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balun
                Mann-Made Global Warming.
                - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                -
                You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                -

Comment

Working...
                X