Gigabyte s478 mobo hangs on initializing USB devices during post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte s478 mobo hangs on initializing USB devices during post

So I got this Gigabyte s478 for free, too lazy atm to check what model it is, and when I tried to start it wouldn't boot at all so I used the hairdryer trick to heat up the capacitors to see if it'll start (all OST and a few KZG's none bulging) and it did boot but only to the point of initializing USB devices. I'm thinking of recapping the whole mobo with salvaged caps from other mobos but don't know if it's worth the effort. Could this problem be caused by the OST caps that are obviously failing or could it be the the USB controller IC and will removing it allow the motherboard to boot normally? Also when I plug in the 20pin PSU connector or the power cord to the PSU the fans on the mobo briefly start turning and after about a second they stop. The mobo has a VIA chipset I think... I'll have to check what mobo it is tomorrow, getting late here. Pic's coming up in next post.
    Guns don't solve problems. I'll take 12

Re: Gigabyte s478 mobo hangs on initializing USB devices during post

Also to add caps were in reverse polarity, I thought that applied to ASUS boards only but Gigabyte...? Good thing I caught it in time and I got the pics to prove it!

Comment

Re: Gigabyte s478 mobo hangs on initializing USB devices during post

reposted in another section mods please delete thread

Comment

Working...
      X