Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something popped off of my Gigabyte Motherboard...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something popped off of my Gigabyte Motherboard...

What looks like to be a tiny capacitor popped off my motherboard the other day. And ever since it hasn't been booting up properly

I tried soldering it back on, but the pins connected to the capacitor broke off

it looks like this information is written on it:

ABS
    10V

I was wondering what exactly that piece is (capacitor, resistor, etc) and if I can buy one from, say, radioshack and repair my motherboard?

Your help is much appreciated
    Attached Files

Re: Something popped off of my Gigabyte Motherboard...

It is a Surface Mount/SMT/SMD Chemi-con capacitor, probably 10uF 10V. Radioshack won't have suitable replacments. Wait for someone else to confirm the ratings on it, but if I'm correct, then this will work http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...FpVAbAlE6OQ%3d
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Re: Something popped off of my Gigabyte Motherboard...

10uF 10v but you didn't give a diameter.
      Markings at first suggest a Chemicon PS series but there is no 10v 10uF in those so I dunno the brand or series.
      If what c-hegge suggested physically fits it should be fine.
      All the options for that uF/volts in SMD have about the same specs.
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

Working...
      X