Ecs Amd690gm-m2 / Biostar A74og M2+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecs Amd690gm-m2 / Biostar A74og M2+

Hello, first time poster here to this nice forum. Sorry for the list of questions in one post I am about to post.

I have two ECS AMD690gm-m2 motherboards that I suspect have bad caps on them from first glimpse and they will not post, only the fans spin.

The second cap from where it is stamped ATA133 (in front of the 24pin atx) is bulging and it is the only cap that is bulging. These caps are OST O739 RLS 6.3V 1000UF. Link to motherboard photo below for reference.

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Pro...ID=789&LanID=0

Can I replace just that one cap or do I need to replace more of them and which ones if it is more? I have a handful of rubycon 10v 1500uf mcz caps handy? If it is just one cap I have to replace, could I use these caps?

Another board, another problem.

I have a biostar A74OG M2+ board that was zapped by lightning. The onboard nic looks like a modem looks like after it is popped by lightning (chunk taken out of it). The motherboard will not post because of this I am guessing? If someone thinks it could be a cap or soemthign else, let me know. If it is the nic, is there a way to fix this to use the board still without replacing the onboard chip or is this board pretty much toast?

A little info about the equipment I have. If this is not good enough, please let me know. Soldering is new to me, but I can do it and have done it on a few things.

Weller Wes51 Station (50 watt)
    Bernz0Matic Electrical 60/40 Rosin core leaded solder (bought from Home Depot)
    Super Solder Tin/Lead 60 (borowed from school)

Sorry for all the questions on one post.

Re: Ecs Amd690gm-m2 / Biostar A74og M2+

second is toast - use it for spares.

first, you *may* be able to replace 1 cap, but the others wont last - better to change all in one go.
    saves stripping the pc again.

others will have to say if the mcz will do the job.

Comment

i have got a bunch of boards running which were hit through the lan by simply removing the chip.if it then posts and passes tests add a nic to it.
      and replace all the caps on that ecs.
      even the tiny 220@16's.

Comment

interesting, the nic can be romoved by cutting all the legs with a sharp knife.
        (not that i would, i own an air-station. )

Comment

I just bought some ChipQuik to try and swap an RTL8201BL out, I hope it works.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I will give the chip removal a go and see what happens. I will also try swapping out one cap and see if it fixes the board and how long the board will last.

Comment

Working...
            X