Clear All

Re: CH341a SPI / I²C programmer

Originally posted by dskall View Post
    Have you used this? Says it has a virus
    Yes my virus scan said it was clean

Comment

Mine gave me: Suspect!3f217d4dbfec quarantined
      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by caphair View Post
        What happened?

Also I'm new to this eeprom thing, for future reference how would you know what size memory and whether it uses SPI or I2C when shopping for blank ones? Or is there one common type used in TVs that differs from a PC?
        25 series is SPI, 24 series is i²c
        the letter(s) after the number can be ignored for now,
        the next set of numbers relates to the size.

Comment

Have you used this? Says it has a virus
          if it's originally from me, then it's direct from the site of the author.
          anything over v18 is risky because they are in virtual containers that emulate a registered machine.

Comment

yes im sure it was the one stj uploaded i just never installed it but i have just installed it now on my laptop as my old version was v1.13 so using v1.18 now, i have also just run a full malware bytes scan and nothing found so should be ok to use.

Comment

Ok will try. What's the worst that can happen. It was quarantined

Comment

stj has his version in post 2 in a zip file so maybe download that and use his version, as i have that many versions on a usb drive it could of come from another source.

Comment

It's from China and a lot of AV programs detect it as virus, but it really isn't. I'm running version 1.34 I believe. It's something like 5$ or 10$ USD's and you get free upgrades for life.

One thing to remember, run the program as administrator. Another thing, with my actual programmer, I have the option for 3.3V TTL logic or 5V CMOS logic. My programmer has to be set to pins 1-2 (CMOS 5V logic), even for TTL devices. It doesn't make a difference and hasn't damaged any chip, but 2-3 makes the programmer not work. I use an 8-pin SOIC clip that helps a lot.

Some people have had success reading and writing chips in circuit, but I haven't. I've always had to remove the chips. How are you hooking the chip up to the reader / writer?

When my chips aren't detected, it's almost always because I have a bad connection between the chip and the programmer. If the buffer and the contents are in disagreement, generally that means you have a bad connection somewhere.

If you need help and can't get it working, I can try helping some more. I believe there's a 1.34 or 1.35 version I can upload. Sometimes, the chips aren't directly supported. For example, it might detect it as a similar chip, but I read the datasheet, and if everything that matter matches, it's okay (like file size, manufacturer, etc). They're kinda neat.
                  -- Law of Expanding Memory: Applications Will Also Expand Until RAM Is Full

Comment

Originally posted by Spork Schivago View Post
                    It's from China and a lot of AV programs detect it as virus, but it really isn't. I'm running version 1.34 I believe. It's something like 5$ or 10$ USD's and you get free upgrades for life.

One thing to remember, run the program as administrator. Another thing, with my actual programmer, I have the option for 3.3V TTL logic or 5V CMOS logic. My programmer has to be set to pins 1-2 (CMOS 5V logic), even for TTL devices. It doesn't make a difference and hasn't damaged any chip, but 2-3 makes the programmer not work. I use an 8-pin SOIC clip that helps a lot.

Some people have had success reading and writing chips in circuit, but I haven't. I've always had to remove the chips. How are you hooking the chip up to the reader / writer?

When my chips aren't detected, it's almost always because I have a bad connection between the chip and the programmer. If the buffer and the contents are in disagreement, generally that means you have a bad connection somewhere.

If you need help and can't get it working, I can try helping some more. I believe there's a 1.34 or 1.35 version I can upload. Sometimes, the chips aren't directly supported. For example, it might detect it as a similar chip, but I read the datasheet, and if everything that matter matches, it's okay (like file size, manufacturer, etc). They're kinda neat.
                    hav try 4 chips with this programmer[CH341a] i always get chip disagreemet even when i whrite back up . pls help dont what d problem

Comment

presently i have 1 hasee f240 with bios pasword but scared to use d progammer not to kill d bios as experienced in d past

Comment

Does the latest version provide any noticeable benefit than 1.18?

Comment

the guy just adds more devices each version.
                          given the chips use a standardised commandset, you can probably use unlisted chips anyway.
                          so long as you match the overall, and sector sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by akande View Post
                            hav try 4 chips with this programmer[CH341a] i always get chip disagreemet even when i whrite back up . pls help dont what d problem
                            Can you send pictures of how you physically have the chip hooked to the programmer?

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                              the guy just adds more devices each version.
                              given the chips use a standardised commandset, you can probably use unlisted chips anyway.
                              so long as you match the overall, and sector sizes.
                              Yes, you can use unlisted chips if you match them. But there are more things added.
                              Originally posted by caphair View Post
                              Does the latest version provide any noticeable benefit than 1.18?
                              Here's a link to the changelog which shows what was fixed in the various versions:

https://skygz.taobao.com/p/rd917882....472fdc0eiPk6rf

Google translated since 1.18:
                              Code:
                              Version 1.34 2017-7-8

Repair S25FL256 read and write BUG

Fix ignore ID detection option BUG

Added FM25F005, FM25F01, FM25F02, FM25F04, FM25Q08, FM25Q16, FM25Q32

Version 1.33 2017-6-15

Remove heading display file path function, replaced by log records

Fix the BUG that the previous version was writing/erasing

Add LE25FU106, LE25FU206, LE25FU406, LE25FS406

Add GD25D05, GD25D10, GD25Q21, GD25Q41

Add GD25LQ40, GD25LQ80, GD25LQ16, GD25LQ32, GD25LQ64, GD25LQ128, GD25LQ256

Add MX25V1006, MX25V2006, MX25V1035, MX25V2035, MX66L51235F, MX66L1G45G, MX66L2G45G

Add MX25U25635F, MX25U25645G, MX66U51235F, MX25U51245G, MX66U1G45G, MX66U2G45G

Version 1.32 2017-6-1

Increase the automatic naming format of the file when the operation option is saved: yyyymmddhhnnss.bin

Added 25AA512, 25LC512

Add MX25L6435E, MX25L25645G

Add W25Q16CV, W25Q32CV, W25Q64CV, W25Q128CV

Version 1.31 2016-6-1

Increase OTP size in detection results (Chip with OTP area will be displayed)

Add ignore ID detection option switch, test failure can continue to operate

When adding data can be specified from a file location address, load to a buffer location address. (Not valid for HEX format files)

Increase the operating range; that is, read, write, and erase the data of the specified address range of the chip. 

Only valid for 25 SPI FLASH (block\sector erase mode), some models do not support.

Other series chips (24 EEPROM, 25 SPI EEPROM) are not supported.

Add EN25QH80, EN25QH16, EN25QH32, EN25QH64

Increase N25Q64A

Added W25Q64DW, W25Q128DW, W25Q256BV

Add MX25L3233F, MX25L3235E, MX25L3236F, MX25L3239E, MX25L3273E, MX25L3273F

Add MX25L6473E, MX25L6473F, MX25L6475E, MX25L6433F, MX25L6436E, MX25L6436F, MX25L6439E

The above MX25L**73 models are only increased for testing, and normal reading and writing are not guaranteed.

Version 1.30 2015-11-17

Part of the code to optimize the function of the OTP area

Rebuilding the chip database structure

Increase log function

Before modifying any operation such as read\write\erase, it is necessary to automatically detect the chip and no termination of the chip is detected.

The check can be done after the read is completed. It can be turned on or off in the options. The default value is off.

When the repair software first runs, it appears stuck

Fix the bug that W25Q256FV can not be programmed

Added AT25DL081, MX25L25635F, MX25L12839F, MX25L12873F, MX25L25639F, MX25L25735E, MX25L51245G

Increase the INTEL 160S33B, 320S33B, 640S33B

Other minor changes are optimized

Version 1.29

Fix the bug of adaptive form size

Added read of Unique ID Number for WINBOND's Q series.

Added options to allow multiple instances

Optional option allows you to skip empty data

Fixed a BUG that did not reset read/write status after forcibly unplugging.

Added 25 SPI EEPROM series chip support. Includes 28 models

Increase (W25Q20BW, W25Q40BW, W25Q80BW,

W25Q16DW,W25Q32DW,W25Q64DW,W25Q128FW)Support

Increase W25Q32FV, W25Q64FV (to be tested)

Added AT25DF081A support

Correct chip ID of MX25U1635E, MX25U3235E, MX25U6435E

Version 1.28

Added EON EN25QH128 support

Added SST25LF020A support

When adding an unrecognized chip, the red word prompt is displayed below the detection information.

Fix a shortcut error

Change the software registration algorithm, old users update to this version, you need to find yourself to register.

Version 1.27

Added WINBOND W25Q256FV, Test, Unsupported

Added MXIC MX25L2026, MX25L12835F support

Correct S25FL128 chip ID to avoid identifying BUG with S25FL129 error

Added support for WIN7 and above systems to display progress bar effects on the taskbar

Improved chip detection capabilities, such as the presence of multiple similar chip IDs, enumerated for selection

Improved auto button to add menu (ie default auto programming option)

Version 1.26

Fix the status bar in the English language or Chinese BUG

Fix the bug that the chip with OTP cannot erase the Main Memory area

1.25 beta

Adjust the display mode of each component in the operation option window

Added one-time read and write function of Secured OTP area (currently only supports OTP of MX series ICs)

Add several MXIC chip models

Add several KH chip models

Add an ESMT chip model

Improve driver not installed or incorrect dialog, optional ignore this prompt.

Version 1.24

Fix bug in multi-language in Open\Save dialog

Increase setting Optional use Windows system Open\Save dialog

Fixed MX25L25635E chip 32MByte/256MBit capacity read\write failure BUG

Correct device ID of several models of chips so that they can be identified effectively

Fixed bug where opening large files and then opening small files without clearing buffers

Version 1.23

Simultaneous release of CH341AFree.exe V1.0 free version, only basic functions, free registration, only supports universal 24\25 chips, does not support special chips such as SST

Optimized the write speed of SAT\ESMT's AAI programming mode, improved a lot, but still slow

When the byte programming mode of SST\ESMT is increased, the data that is encountered as FF is directly skipped and the write time can be reduced.

Increase the amount of data that encounters the entire page as FF when the conventional chip is written. Skip directly to reduce the write time.

Increase the display file path at the title

Increase to the corresponding error location after verification fails

Increase the menu buffer -> reset, used to reset the buffer reset to FF

Version 1.22

Add software to try out features before registering

Correcting the problem that the termination function cannot be terminated without identifying the chip

Add 3 chip models

Corrected the problem of invalidation of the original registration file after the operating system was reinstalled without replacing the hardware.

Increase driver not installed or incorrectly installed

Version 1.21

Uniform programming characters changed to write

Add N chip models

Fix the wrong name of a brand chip

Fixed bug of AT25F512A with 128 byte/page programming

Fixed BUG slow writing of AT26 series. Note: This series of IC is not good compatibility (new IC measurement, fast reading and writing)

Version 1.20

Change the authorization method to one machine

Fixed bug that individual chips cannot be erased

Fix bugs that are easy to "write operation timeout failure"

Correct the device number of the NN chip in the database so that the detection function can be detected

Optimize database chip names in order

Database removes 3 duplicate models of chips

The chip database adds 4 more chips

Fixed BUG that 26 series chips can not read and write, but the writing speed is very slow, similar to SST\ESMT

Added option to use block/sector erase mode, automatic selection of block or sector erase commands when enabled, and use of bulk erase commands when disabled

Fixed BUG error when registering the mouse at the chip select

Other minor changes are optimized

Version 1.19

Fix special chip protection problem of KH25L8036D

Fixed delay in the correction option can not save the BUG

Version 1.18

When using the automatic operation, when the verification fails, two message dialog boxes pop up.

Adding automatic operation can be delayed for a certain period of time before programming, which can be set in the options. (This function is for unstable chips. This option only works when automatic operation.)
                              Last edited by Spork Schivago; 01-25-2018, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by akande View Post
                                presently i have 1 hasee f240 with bios pasword but scared to use d progammer not to kill d bios as experienced in d past
                                Also, are you running the program as administrator? I always do. I'm assuming it shows that your programmer is successfully detected in the lower right corner of the screen...

Comment

Would be nice if they would add the option to add your own chips. I saw a programmer and it had that option. Don't remember which one it was

Comment

Would be nice if they would add the option to add your own chips. I saw a programmer and it had that option. Don't remember which one it was
                                    For the Chinese CH341A Programmer software?

I thought the same. I was thinking of building off some open-source programs that Stj linked to (I got some Linux drivers too for the CH341 chip, serial and parallel).

Thought when I found some time, as a community, we could come together, setup a github page and just write a GUI for Windows / Linux where users could add their own chip parameters and maybe upload them to some database. We'd store the database on the github page and could have the program auto-update the database with the click of a button or have a preference they can click to always check for the latest database.

I dunno if it'd catch on though and it's a bit of work, plus I got a few other projects going on now. It'd have to use something like the GTK Libraries for easier porting from Linux to Windows, and maybe some library that's available on both OSes for USB communication or something. It was just a thought.

Comment

This is the program I found: https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...f45c4d5b71.pdf

Comment

How's that working for you? I see it requires .NET Framework, meaning it's a Microsoft Windows program, no Linux version. Is it free and does it support a lot of readers / writers?

I like how you can add your own devices. I thought you was using one of the softwares Stj talked about, the Chinese one or one of the open source ones.

Comment

Linux can run .net junk using the MONO package.

Comment

Working...
                                          X