17" Imac G5 replaced caps, still won't turn on :c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17" Imac G5 replaced caps, still won't turn on :c

So I've got two 2004 Imac G5's that I've replaced the bad caps on, but they both still don't work. I bought the kit on here for one of them and the other one I ordered all Nichicon caps from digikey for. Whenever I try to turn either of them on nothing happens, I get LED 1 but nothing else.

Unfortunately I only have one PSU between the two so that possibly could be it but the caps look ok and I figured the second LED would flash if it was a PSU problem. But just in case I'm going to look up the pin-out and try and test it, maybe even make an ATX adapter so I can use a power supply that I know works.

But I was wondering if there could be any other problems? If maybe the video card on it had died and that's why it wouldn't turn on? Maybe a reflow for the GPU would fix it? Thoughts?

Re: 17" Imac G5 replaced caps, still won't turn on :c

Pics?

Also, are you getting the right voltages from the supply?

Comment

SO maybe I posted prematurely haha. I checked the voltages on the supply and oops they were all terrible. Only one 5V worked and the 24V read as 20.9V but everything else gave me a nice 0V. So I modified a ATX PSU to work with it and now both boards work! Although one of them has some graphics problems so I'm going to have to reflow it but other wise success!
      I also managed to get the other PSU from the previous owner, which does the exact same thing as the other PSU. So now I have two I have to fix :p

Comment

"otherwise"

Comment

Originally posted by tron View Post
          "otherwise"
          Attached Files
          36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Working...
          X