Soltek SL65KV2-T: Recapping Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soltek SL65KV2-T: Recapping Q

I have the above board, bought cheaply from another person. The board does not boot. On closer inspection, all the 1500uf6.3v GSC caps are bloating/burst.

One of the processor HSF retention leg also broke.

Should I recap the board?
    Attached Files

Re: Soltek SL65KV2-T: Recapping Q

if the HSF leg is broken then how you gonna attach a HSF? i suppose you could try to glue one to a proc with arctic silver thermal adhesive but i am not sure if that stuff is strong enough.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Originally posted by willawake
      if the HSF leg is broken then how you gonna attach a HSF? i suppose you could try to glue one to a proc with arctic silver thermal adhesive but i am not sure if that stuff is strong enough.
      Only 1 of the leg is broken. I can attach those HSF with 3 mounting holes on each side, i.e. Coolermaster Xdream or Taisol 1.5GHz. But if the probability of the board working after repair is low, I don't think I'll consider any mods.

Comment

use a hsf that attaches to the larger lugs.

Comment

Just did a recap on this board over the weekend. Happy to say, it came back to life, going through prime95 now. There are 2 GSC 470uf16v that I didn't remove as I didn't carry replacements in my mini store though.

Photo coming in soon.

Comment

Working...
          X