This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, I am starting out playing with electronics and am dabbling in projects and troubleshooting. Admittedly, I am here to ask about a particular power supply, but I plan to stick around as a lurker.

Comment

Hello, I'm a tinkerer in the mid US who messes with just about any electronic component that comes my way. I have an associates in database management but my interests are all over the place. I know a bit of Java and am currently performing electronics refurbishment for a recycling company (minimal stuff, no soldering). I have fixed a few items with my own soldering and pride myself on the cleanliness of the jobs I have done.
      Recently I swapped the CCFLs and inverter board in my viewera 20.5" for a couple of LED strips I grabbed off ebay (5060 leds if I recall correctly). I would like to make some improvements to it seeing as it currently operates by switch (I couldn't find a 12V lead that turned off with the monitor) but I figure I would have to learn alot more about transistors to do so.

Comment

Hi, New to the post. Trying to fix emerson lcde.

Comment

Hello to all from the great northwest, I have a background in electronics but much to learn. I love to tinker with things. currently I'm trying to repair a vx2035 monitor. Hopefully I can learn something here.

Comment

You guys seem like a good crew. There is a good body of info here.

Comment

Hi,

i've visited this site a number of times for its very useful info, but now i find myself in need of more. I can just about wield a soldering gun without hurting myself and others, although that hasn't stopped me from attempting to cobble together various hardware projects along the way.

i'm a control systems engineering nomad, currently residing in the middle east.

Comment

Hi everyone, im glad to be part of this forum.

Comment

A geek, not a bot!

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm glad to be join this forum. Many information in this forums are helpful for me. Thank you.

Comment

Hi everyone, I did find some good advice but need more input.
                      This way other who have the same issue(s) can search for it even faster.

Thanks

Comment

Hi,
                        I'm Lennox form Chestermere Alberta Canada... I'm an Electrical Engineer.. though all my life I've working in the Office Automation field fixing copiers, printers, etc...

Comment

Just registered, although I've used info here to recap a Toshiba TV twice, once just one cap; the second time I completely re-capped it. Also re-capped a HP LCD monitor for my wife. Oh yeah, and before that an LCD backlight repair.

I played with electronics since youth - a while ago. My first big project was assembling a 'pocket' calculator from Popular Electronics (I think it was) in high school. But career wise, I went with mechanical engineering. Got the computer bug with Fortran IV in college. A couple of years after graduation, the Commodore PET came along and I just had to have one. Wrote a program to calculate pressure drop in piping - in 8K RAM. Built an 8K memory expansion, but never got it to work. Went through Osborne (who'll ever need more than 64K RAM?), Leading Edge PC clone, 286 clone, etc. Now trying to extend Windows XP as long as possible.

My current needs are to repair backlight on AOC 22LVWk and maybe an undercounter radio/CD. I really appreciate folks who devote their effort to this forum.

Comment

Hi,

My Asus A8N motherboard appears to have a bad cap issue.. so I thought i'd post about it and get some opinions!

Comment

Hi!

First time here, but not first time dealing with electronics. I recapped a friend's older Samsung which had bad caps, and it's been running strong for two years since. Been involved with computers since 1974, and fascinated by most anything electromechanical or electronic. Not quite a tinkerer but more a 'necessity is the mother of gaining knowledge' type.

Coming here to ask about weird red fringing on our own newer Samsung LED-LCD TV.

Comment

Hey all

My Samsung LNT4061FX/XAC has vertical lines, I am currently at school but I am hoping to get the parts needed to fix before i go home for christmas... Hopefully its not the panel.

Cheers,

Eric

Comment

Hi all,

Currently viewing on an old 26" CRT TV. My wife is pestering me to get a flat screen. Money is tight so 'I had a cunning plan'.

I have just bought a cheap, not working, Samsung PS-50C96HD for £50 hoping for a quick fix. I was told it had sound but no picture and threads here made it look like a not too hard fix. Now I have it, I am not so sure where the fault is.

I guess I will have to open a new thread and ask for help diagnosing/fixing. Only after a further search for existing solutions ;-)

Paul.

Comment

Name: Mike Lowery
                                    Married 23 years, no children, I was a NICET Certified Fire Protection Engineer until I became disabled. Now, I try to find things to occupy my time with the limited mobility that I have.

Comment

Hi,

i'm from Germany, and i'm glad having found this great forum. Although i'm not new in repairing electronics i still have to learn since the technology changed a lot over the last years.
                                      So, hopefully i find hints here, and when i'll be able to i'll give some.

Cheers to all

Comment

Hello all - Looks like a great asset for TV repair! Trying to find a SM for my Vizio E371VL (totally dead, no 12v, 5 v only when disconnected)
                                        Looked at Toms - no joy. Plan to lurk a while before uploading pics

Comment

hello!im rammel22.im a newbie here in this helpful forum.i live in the philippines.i have no knowledge in electronics world,but im willing to gain electronics idea through this forum. thank you very much for accepting me as one of your member in this helpful forum.

Comment

Working...
                                          X