This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hi i have bought this 32 inch logik led hd ready tv as spare or repairs and trying to fix it i have had the back off and i carnt find any bad caps or any burnt bits on the boards so this is why i need more help trouble shooting it when i go to switch it on it trys to show the logik logo for a second then turns itself off again i have checked all the wires and that are properly plugged in but wen i unplug a 4 pin wire whitch comes from the av board to the inverter board the tv comes on but no picture as soon as i plug it back in it shuts off again anyone any ideas please

Comment

Hi All,
      I'm Carl from the Philippines, recently bought a semi-defective Toshiba Satellite Pro L300, fixed it via software, but now its E0907 SMD capacitor failed, so i came upon this forum and found out the solution for its problem. Anyways, i still have another laptop for fix, an IBM Lenovo Thinkpad X61, with power but no display (i'm suspecting a bad caps also). This is already checked multiple times and the diagnosis usually is due to video card or the processor. Hopefully I could start a thread for X61 repair here and resurrect my X61. More Power BadCaps forum!

Comment

G'day from Perth, Western Australia

Been replacing caps for years.... and only just now come across this awesome forum
        and.. geez... I have some great photo's..

Comment

Hi thanks for having me

Comment

Hello,
            Found you as I was searching for a solution to my Toshiba Satellite A300-11M. Hope to fix it & help others.

Comment

Ciao e buon lavoro a tutti

Comment

Re: Hi!

Hello to all. I'm Don and have found this forum to be quite informative. Looking to repair a monitor and looks like the inverter board is bad. Found the articles on testing and going to give a shot.

[QUOTE=petabyte;27]As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

Comment

Hi Guys,
                  Glenn Derbyshire posting for the first time...found your site because of problems with my Dell 670 ....found some info on your site to help trouble shoot my caps...thanks hope I dont need to do anything but at least I know where to come if I do...thank you

Comment

Hi there just looking for some help with tv repairs
                    Regards
                    Dave

Comment

Hi,

I am new member looking for help fixing my Panasonic plasma TV. Chassis number is MC127H36U13. Will give details after I figure out how to use the
                      Forum. Have never joined one before.

Mark W

Comment

Hi.

Audio gear hack, with a samsung sparkling plasma set.... hopefully, enough info to fix it here!

Comment

Hi my name is Sean I have a tv that just stopped working figured I could fix it but need some insight.

Comment

Hi, repairing a monitor, just came across this forum. I already have an ESR meter.

Comment

hi there just joined this site my name is ian and I live in the uk. I have just been given a 50" samsung plasma tv model num ps50b451b2w that is not working its been to a repair shop and they have sad that there is a fault with the y sus, x sus, and buffer boards any help with this would be great I am a complete novice so pictureswould also be a great help

many thanks

ian

Comment

Hi there, new to this forum. I am a high voltage electriciam apprentice but i dont have much experience with electronics just looking for some help here.

Comment

Hi all,
                                  I'm an electronics tinkerer who enjoys repairing odds and ends 5 tv's so far for family members as they make great presents. Looking to increase knowledge and ask for help regarding the ones that aren't a quick few cap swap jobs.

Dave

Comment

Can't believe all the info on this forum! Looking to replace some bad caps in a Samsung monitor and thanks to this forum I don't forsee any problems.

Comment

don't know if anyone can help, I have a blinking blue power light on my LG (black screen), after a while it goes solid blue and the screen comes on! I suspect that this is bad caps, just wondering if anyone had similar problem.

Comment

Hey. I am an electronic and computer engineer who has been dodging static and breathing in toxic (60/40) fumes since the 80s. Currently based in London

Cheers, Nigel

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm a new member, not a technician by trade, but I'm here to see if I can get help fixing my Visio VX37L TV. I watched a video posted here on testing resistors on the PCB, picked up a voltmeter and started testing. Looks like some smart people here, I'm sure we'll find a fix!

John

Comment

Working...
                                          X