This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everyone another new guy here. Just trying to learn.

Comment

Hello friends, I am new to this form and just learning about electronics

Comment

Hello everyone
        My name is Bulent, I am a retired CAD engineer from the Silicon Valley, I now live on the Mediterranean, mostly fishing and sailing. I am retired, so I love to fix things...
        I replaced quite a few badCAPS in my retired days & I got more scotch for it...

Comment

Hello all I am new here. Lol I only signed up in hopes of finding a solution to the problem I am having with my Vizio TV good luck to me lol.

Comment

Hello all, I'm a noob when it comes to electronically repair but I have done some repairs. Sometimes it works an other times I end up frustrated, but I'm here to learn, diagnose and repair.

Comment

Hello all! I'm here to gain knowledge and fix a plasma lol. I've read about 50 threads an love what I'm reading. Knowledge is power.

Comment

Hello gang,
                the name is simsan, looking for some guidance and sometimes to guide as well - in items of tech pc and of life at times!
                Hobbies - try to fix PCs and such and donate to needy around local or to a church that sends things to Haiti and elsewhere.
                glad to find such a site of vast info & so glad to be here. best - simsan

Comment

Hi all

new to this forum,been a working tek since '87. Currently service manager at an amusement company in NC doing poker/sweepstakes/slots/juke box etc...
                  not a bad gig. recently completed my AAS in computer engineering at Cape Fear Community College.

first and foremost i am a hardware/component level repair guy. hope to learn and contribute here.

TY

len

Comment

hello I'm carl duncan from intergrated facilities group good to be here

Comment

calidiver here, im looking for answers to life's hardest problems, broken stuff.

Comment

Hi All!
                        My name is Bob. I'm 57 years old and don't know anything about electronics. But, I'm hoping with the help of people here, you can teach an old Bob new tricks.
                        I'm a car guy. Very mechanical. I'm too cheap to pay someone to fix my stuff. Actually, I just can't afford it. Bad enough my Wife paid $1400 clearance price for a TV that now can be had for less than $700. But, like cars, I'm sure there are certain things prone to break and some of you would have a good idea where to start looking.
                        Glad to be here!

Comment

Hey guys thanks for the warm and friendly introductions..as for me well lets just say that i knew to the forum and new to tv repair...I have been doing repair for the past year, and have been pretty successful, although i am trying to learn component level to save me money and to learn a new trade...I am from alaska, anchorage actually, thanks for lending me your time and look forward to repairing with all of you,,,, jamie

Comment

Hello,
                            I am a consumer electronics tech. I have worked in a shop since I was a teenager, I guess about 30+ tears now. we had a family owned shop where we repaired and sold Several brands of TV's. Now I am the service manger and lead bench tech for a company in Texas where we service most brands and we are a factory authorized repair center for about 15 manufactures, all the common CE companies. we are also heavy in to computer repair and customer builds. I daily work on LED,LCD, plasma and even CRT units So there you go.

Comment

Hi, my name is Dan. Like Bob, I am in my 50's and very mechanical and I know just enough electronics to be dangerous. It is against my nature to pay someone to fix stuff that I can fix myself. My Panasonic Plasma has led me to this forum. Thanks everyone!!!!!https://www.badcaps.net/forum/images/smilies/poof.gif

Comment

Another new person trying to get on. I fixed my own LG 32 TV about a year ago with a cap kit on ebay after it was getting longer for the screen to come on. Its been fine ever since but could of easily been sent to the tip.
                                My next trouble is my kids Tesco (I believe Tecknika) 19/229 LCD TV which has sound but no screen (blank).

Comment

Hi everyone another new guy here.
                                  I fixed some LCD Monitors, but sometimes i need a little help ;-)

Comment

Hello,
                                    Finally getting around to my first post. My handle is my name and I'm just a simple technician in a quite desert town.

Comment

my name is JC. I have a hobby level of capability in electronics. I have a DMM and an O-scope. I have a surround amplifier that has quite working. Visually blown caps have been replaced. Now suspect possible Mosfet blown. This is a Centronix PS.

Comment

Yo. Currently converting PC PSUs to 13.8v HAM Radio PSUs but will probably work on a plethora of other electronic projects as well.

Comment

What's up members of BadCaps! Just getting into TV repair due to a free 42" plasma I was able to obtain. Hope this site helps.

Comment

Working...
                                          X