Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Welcome to the Badcaps.net Tech Forum! > Announcements & Related News
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2019, 08:28 AM   #21401
Barron65@gmail.com

City & State: Glenview, IL
My Country: USA
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all. I'm Dan from Chicago US. I have been doing electronics repair and IT for almost 30 years. Looking forward to helping others and learning more about other people's technical adventures.
Barron65@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:44 AM   #21402
mechanicaljake

City & State: Herndon, VA

Hi, a mechanically minded Jake here. Hoping I can shed some light on my Ford's PCM and how to fix it so that I don't need to buy a new one and have it flashed by the dealer. I remember using this site more than a decade ago when I was fixing a motherboard that I had in a gaming computer, back when I gamed. Those were the days......
mechanicaljake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 02:36 PM   #21403
MojaMike
Retro Tech

City & State: Memphis, TN
I'm a: Hardcore Geek

Hey y'all. Mike from Memphis, here. Looking to share the electronics knowledge that I have gained over the years and looking forward to learning more.
MojaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 06:15 PM   #21404
Paladin2000

City & State: quincy
My Country: United States

Q
Paladin2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 06:17 PM   #21405
Paladin2000

City & State: quincy

Hi, Todd from IL. I have a background in electronics with latest work being with phone systems.
Paladin2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 01:14 AM   #21406
rfeeley@gmail.com

City & State: Hobbs, NM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petabyte View Post
As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
New to site, just wanted to say hello and that I am excited about this community and resources we bring together.
rfeeley@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 06:29 AM   #21407
Axapotamus

City & State: Jonesville, LA

Hello, here to get some technical advice on my Samsung plasma.
Axapotamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:29 AM   #21408
Veno8mm

City & State: Macon

Hi im really in a rush so ill introduce myself later... Right now im searching for a cap to fix my broken samsung tv.... So i can watch the F1 race at silverstone. This forum is wonderful btw. Holla atcha later forum ppl.
Veno8mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 11:55 AM   #21409
Darthbubba

City & State: tennessee
My Country: US

I think I should note first that Petabytes original post said something about keeping it short or this thread will get over 6 pages, and I believe mine will fall at page 1072 or so.

I have always been the DIY kinda person, my moto being "Why pay someone to half ass it when I can half ass it myself for free and learn something in the process?" Mechanical things have always been pretty easy for me, there are parts, one or more is not functioning properly so replace what is broken and voila, you have a perfectly functioning thingamajig again. I started with computers sometime in the 90's, mostly just tearing them up. I finally started attempting repairs myself and realized that electronics werent as magical as I had thought (though I still have a ton to learn). I have been teaching myself the ins and outs of all things electrical for a few years and though I am getting better I still get stuck way too much for my liking.

I absolutely love forums and YouTube. In my opinion there are no better ways to use/abuse the internet than to learn something new!
Darthbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 02:10 AM   #21410
beetle1303

City & State: Singapore
My Country: Singapore
Line Voltage: 230VAC 60Hz

Hello World,
With zero electrical and electronic background, I recently has some luck with tinkering with home electronics like TVs, Radio, Printers, etc. simply by "monkey-see-monkey-do" method over YouTube.
Beyond part-to-part replacement and some obvious component level replacement, I am basically stuck at YouTube tutorials. So looking forward to learn by attending libraries of tutorials here
beetle1303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:28 AM   #21411
bluesat

City & State: Braga
My Country: Portugal

Bom dia. Fiz o registo porque preciso de ajuda em relação à minha TV. Espero que me consigam ajudar. Obrigado
bluesat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 12:36 PM   #21412
Krel420

City & State: San Antonio, TX

Hello there. Trying to repair my TV, and about to purchase my first soldering/electronics kit. I will probably have all kinds of stupid questions about all kinds of things. So, sorry and thanks inadvance
Krel420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:05 PM   #21413
snowisound

City & State: Manchester
My Country: UK

Hello! I'm a long time soldering iron junkie but I tend to repair things on the macro level than the micro level. Would like to know a little more about electronics than just hacking repairs to get by.

And also I want to PM syn-fi as I think he has the answer to one of my problems!
snowisound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 02:22 AM   #21414
Egidio85

City & State: Catania
My Country: italia

Hi from Italy
Egidio85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 03:45 PM   #21415
elnica

City & State: Managua
My Country: Nicaragua

Hello everyone. I´m happy to be in this forum, and I hope to learn very much from you, and help whenever I can. Thank you so much.
elnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 05:47 AM   #21416
RogerioBarbosa
Rogério Perroti

City & State: RIO DE JANEIRO
My Country: Brasil
Line Voltage: 120VAC 60Hz

Hi, I am an electronics engineer, and I have been repairing my electronics in these last years without any difficulty. But now I came across a problem on my onkyo receiver that is very difficult to solve. So I decided to ask the forum for help. I am Brazilian and I hope also to be able to help with my experience.
RogerioBarbosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:44 AM   #21417
julian.p

City & State: East Anglia
My Country: UK
Lightbulb Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all.

I'm a newbie from the UK.

Not an expert on anything, but like to try and understand how stuff works, am definitely not one of the 'throw it away and buy a new one' brigade, so I like to see if I can fix something, a hands-on DIYer.

Don't have much electronic knowledge, enough to use a basic multi-meter, and can solder, but not as far as replacing components like caps on PCBs.

Reason for joining Badcaps is, I've got a 12-yr old Samsung LCD TV just stopped working, have read up much on other forums about possible problems, but this seems by far the best forum, so hope to get some answers.
julian.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 02:25 AM   #21418
promoocodes0
Banned

City & State: Virginia

Hey, my name is PromooCodes. I am from Virginia. I have recently joined this forum. I am very excited to gain new technical knowledge and skills from you guys. Thanks in advance.
promoocodes0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:30 AM   #21419
henrysyndicate

City & State: antwerpen
My Country: Belgium

Hello everyone!!
I'came across this forum while searching for a bios file to help a friend...i'must say i'was really surprised for the amount of grateful people here,the moderators really know their job!!!
i'm Henry,39 years old,owner of a small Gaming shop..glad to be a member,and i'hope to learn and help as much as i'could
henrysyndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:24 PM   #21420
brad1

City & State: Kiev
My Country: Ukraine

hi Guys, I'm new one here, I work in tech. Two years ago I passed a electronic courses and this became my hobby. I enjoy fixing different stuff. While looking for information over internet found this forum, and it seems really cool, so I decided to register. Thanks for reading, have a nice day!
brad1 is offline   Reply With Quote