HG281D Screen flickering on one side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HG281D Screen flickering on one side

Hello there. I am new to the forums and it seems that you all deal a bit with the Hanns G HG281D model. I recently was given this monitor with the knowledge that it was not in working order. When I turn it on the right side of the screen flickers very fast while the left side does nothing. Then the power light turns orange. If I hook it up to a PC I get the right side of my desktop to show but it constantly flickers and nothing ever comes up on the left side. The monitor does not shut off ( even after 1hour of leaving it on) so I doubt it is the power supply. From what I have gathered around the internet I need to replace the logic board. The only thing I can find is this http://www.shopjimmy.com/hannstar-70...-con-board.htm

Is that all I should need to get it back up and going? I have checked all the caps on the power supply and their is no bulging / leaking caps. Thanks for the help and hopefully I can get it going soon.

Thanks
    Spadje

Re: HG281D Screen flickering on one side

It may well be the screen itself,so unless you are very very certain it is the Logic Board,I would not be spending money on a replacement.

Comment

Well that sucks...

Comment

I repair one monitor simply by changing several capacitors (the one which looks bas, including the big one). I bought them on aliexpress (I first bought first the esr meter also from ali to test the capacitors).

Surprisingly, it worked (I don't understand electronic)

Comment

Working...
        X