Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharp Aquos LC-70C6600U UNBELEIVABLE SCORE!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
    My sister, briefly had the 60-inch version, the KD-60X690E, which reportedly stopped turning on:
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71916
    Ya I read that thread. My gut tells me the failure on mine was probably rather rare since it was just a poor job at plugging the cable in. Presumably well enough to pass QC but not well enough to withstand shipping.

On my wall still working

Comment

Re: Sharp Aquos LC-70C6600U UNBELEIVABLE SCORE!!!!!!!!!!

I have this set LC-70LE660U cannot make posts but I don't see the tabs to remove at all. I got the plastic bezzel removed(inside one with speakers) and there is only two boards on the bottom of pannel. any help would be nice. do I have to remove the front bezzel?

Comment

HOLY OLD THREAD REVIVAL BATMAN!!!!!

So I dug this one out of storage for more diagnosing. After detaching the interconnect cable on the right source driver board from the right center SDB the TV turned on and stayed on. After a bit of component checking I found another identical SDB in my stash and compared SMD component readings one to the other and all were close. I tried the scotch tape trick over half the contacts on the interconnect cable from the right center SDB to the right SDB and got a change of state, the TV stayed on!

I continued to move the tape further and further to the right, and when I got to the point 4 of the contacts were insulated the TV faulted. Cover 5 of the contacts and it stays running with a full picture and seems to turn on and off just fine now!

There are 5 traces in-circuit from the interconnect to the taped contacts. Either there's a bad SMD component at the end of the SDB....or an LCD problem.

I tossed up some pix here for you to see. Anyone want to take a guess if the SMDs in-circuit are bad or the LCD itself?
        Attached Files
        They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

Looks like we have a problem still. Any ideas? Side tabs?

I really hate to scrap this TV...but it isn't too far off.
          Attached Files

Comment

You definitely have a side tab problem but you may still have more beyond that.

Have you not yet removed the tabs on this set ?

Comment

the "tape cutoff" method of blocking signals at the tcon usually does not work when the set has side tabs. Do the "disconnect the small corner cable" test to determine what's up with the panel.

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
                You definitely have a side tab problem but you may still have more beyond that.

Have you not yet removed the tabs on this set ?
                I did last night at 1am. The picture is now mostly good but has some light horizontal lines on the lower left side of the screen. These only show with certain colors on the screen. Those lines may be a misaligned interconnect or FFC from t-con to source driver boards too, I still have to check that. At first, after about 10min of use the screen would go "haywire" until I removed the glue/bonding residue where the side tabs were attached.

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                the "tape cutoff" method of blocking signals at the tcon usually does not work when the set has side tabs. Do the "disconnect the small corner cable" test to determine what's up with the panel.
                There isn't a corner cable upon this model. I've used the cutoff method on screens with side tabs and it seems to work on most TVs.

Comment

Well guys, this TV is headed for the parts bin. I re-set all the FFCs and interconnects, turned it on and the screen went glitchy within 2 minutes. I turned it off then back on, the screen straightened out and stayed OK but the GDIC second up on the right side tab is running very hot compared to the others and the tab itself appears to be blistering under the IC.

I really didn't want to part this TV out but it's still a winner, and a pretty big winner compared to what I paid for it!

Thanks for the help on this one folks, I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                  X