Un50mu6070 Mainboard issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Un50mu6070 Mainboard issue

For this series, the header (the first bytes) in the Standby power firmware just flies off. And at the same time, even the indicator will not light, verified.

Comment

Originally posted by crym1111 View Post
      again, no...
      Try putting SR first, and then write Dump.

Comment

status reg make conflict always... using the CH341A programmer software V1.4 will be fine... the spi will not change first secor.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hijacking other one's thread does make time wasting from the involved users.. Open your thread please...

Comment

Hi Lotas,
            For xxMU6xxx series you have to set on the programmer "STATUS REGISTERS"
            0x88, 0x42.
            For xxKU6xxx series is the same rule and the same set for SR (0x88 and 0x42)...?
            Kind regards

Comment

Originally posted by crym1111 View Post
              Hi Lotas,
              For xxMU6xxx series you have to set on the programmer "STATUS REGISTERS"
              0x88, 0x42.
              For xxKU6xxx series is the same rule and the same set for SR (0x88 and 0x42)...?
              Kind regards
              Hello, in "MU" the cap in the 25Q40 firmware often flies and so that it does not fly off the first time it is turned on and these SRs (0x88 and 0x42) are put, I don't remember about "KU".

Comment

Hi all,
                Because when i read 25Q40 from KU6xxx series found SR 1 set 0XAC and SR 2 set 0x2; in other case i found SR 1 set as 0x2C and SR 2 0x2.
                Could somebody to confirm how must be set SR for KU series...?
                Regards

Comment

Am following this thread as had issues on MU and KU series. I use the EZP2010 programmer and use new chips as far as possible. On a recent board the issue I managed to fix a no display problem replacing the upper IC 25Q80 (sorry I don't have the IC number here) by copying from a similar working board. I wasn't aware of any protection bits so maybe either I was lucky. After each read and copy I always verify the copy.

I have kept copies of both ICs as well if you need.

Comment

I have a similar issue with a UN65MU650DFXZA. The tv presents the same symptoms as the original post by Storyteller12. Does anyone has a working bin file for this tv model? I am attaching the original bin file.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Someone else's, working firmware (Dump) will not help you, here's your restored one.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you. I will test it and let you know the result.

Comment

TV turns on now, but it only shows a blue background and no image. It looks like I have another issue.

Comment

There was a problem in your firmware, I fixed it, is it your own motherboard or did you buy it from another TV?
                            Check all cables are correctly inserted, without distortions, do all this with the TV turned off.

Comment

It's the original motherboard. I did check all the connections and everything is correctly inserted. Also I noticed when I disconnected the the cable from the power supply to the main board, it has the same behavior; backlight turns on but it's all blue. I will order a new set of backlights and I will post the result.

Comment

The screen is not blue, is dark grey or logically black...

Comment

Originally posted by Techplayer View Post
                                  It's the original motherboard. I did check all the connections and everything is correctly inserted. Also I noticed when I disconnected the the cable from the power supply to the main board, it has the same behavior; backlight turns on but it's all blue. I will order a new set of backlights and I will post the result.
                                  by this you mean when you look thru the little holes on the back of the tv the backlights are blue?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                    by this you mean when you look thru the little holes on the back of the tv the backlights are blue?
                                    No, the front display is all blue. I found some YouTube videos about that issue and they fixed it by changing the led's.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                                      The screen is not blue, is dark grey or logically black...
                                      Yes, you are right. But that is when the TV is off.

Comment

Can someone help with this eprom, My tv has no picture, model No UN50MU6070 ver DE09

I have attached the eprom dump. I'll appreciate any help given
                                        Attached Files

Comment

@Iotas. Can you please check my dump? I think its ok but just want to make sure.

Thanks in advance.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X