• Show
Clear All

Re: iMac G5 PSU - no power

Oh sorry Toasty!

DPS-180SB A REV:01

Number: 2950144804

Comment

Okay. I have the identical unit. Let me know when you are ready to go back at this.

The only difference will be I won't get to 220v on mains. Best I can get is ~160 off the transformer. After we are sure the HOT side is not the problem, we should be able to match voltages and readings.

Toast
      veritas odium parit

Comment

That's great Toasty.
        I'm in New Zealand right now visiting family and won't be back for a month or so.

Comment

Enjoy!

Chat me up when you get back.
          veritas odium parit

Comment

Hello, recently, I have repaired, an imac G5 power supply (DPS-180SB A), with the symptoms of no standby, totally dead. The power supply, did not have any swollen capacitors on the secondary.
            The replaced components have been:
            Stand by Ic TNY267PN , a 4.7 Ohms resitor (near this ic), and a 400v 3.3Uf (near this ic an under the heatsink, and covered whith heat shrink), this capacitor have been leaking underside and very hard to see.

First time i have replaced the tny267pn did not work, (a fake ic from ebay), but i have order 10 of them fom ali, and work and a very first try.

I recomend to put a socket from this ic, and check for shorts on the two diodes near the ic.

I hope this helps, thanks for this forum.

Comment

Working...
            X