X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello to all,
    I'm Stefano, born in 1962 and I live in Rome.
    I've always been passionate about electronics, but I haven't done any research on it.
    I found myself on the pages of this forum casually, while I was trying to repair a Mac G4 Pc power supply ... and a world opened up to me.
    I always feel that I have to thank people who share their knowledge with others.
    I hope, even if I can't imagine how, to make some contributions to this highly informed and well-prepared community.
    I renew my greetings to all wishing you a happy new year.

P.S. Forgive my English "let's love each other!", is that "maccheronico" of google.

Comment

G'day fellas, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the land of bull-dust and flames.

Comment

Hello Everyone! My name is Bob. I have been an electronics enthusiast for around 30 years. I am self taught and am still learning. I stumbled upon this site and all I can say is WOW! There are some extremely helpful and knowledgeable folks out there that are willing to help people like me out. Unlike most forums, you guys are very civil and helpful which I appreciate. I look forward to contributing and learning from all of you. I may ask what some may see as basic questions,, but please excuse me. I am a Maintenance manager at a Distribution center and mostly work on PLC's and 3-Phase motor controls, but I love the component level diagnoses and project building aspect of some of my other projects. Thanks for your time and allowing me to be part of this great group !

Comment

Hi,
          I'm a new member. Just love electronics. Would like get more involved in this field and educate myself to a higher level. Struggling at the moment, but with the help of seniors and friends will achieve the goal for sure. Kind regards to everyone. Happy New Year

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm just a guy from Lithuania trying to solve some of my electronic problems and learn along the way. This forum seems like the best place for that. I love the amount of information you can find here and the friendly community. See you in the threads.

Comment

Cześć, witam wszystkich znawców i początkujących elektroników. Sam należę do tych drugich i mam nadzieję że z waszą pomocą będę mógł rozwinąć się w kierunku napraw modułÃ³w elektronicznych. Nie jestem elektronikiem, lecz mechanikiem samochodowym.
                Kręci mnie naprawa komputerów oczywiście w zakresie hobbystychnym. Robię to dla własnej przyjemności, nigdy dla zarobku i tylko dla siebie lub dla pomocy przyjaciołom.
                Mam niezłą frajdę jak uda mi się coś naprawić, bo pozwala mi to zdobyć nowe doświadczenie i zabić wolny czas.
                Jeżeli popełnię jakiś błąd na forum to wybaczcie i nie krytykujcie mnie bo nie jestem elektronikiem, a przystępując do tego forum mam nadzieję zdobyć pomoc od lepszych ode mnie. Mam ponad 50 lat i proszę o wyrozumiałość.
                Już za młodego udało mi się naprawić kilka sprzętów, w tym telewizory, radio, magnetowidy i obecnie laptopa Dell, ale wiadomo że elementy elektroniczne od czasów 90tych znacznie się zmieniły i teraz jest trudniej uporać się z jakimiś naprawami.
                Nigdy nie pracowałem według schematów bo nie miałem takiej potrzeby, a do napraw dochodziłem organoleptycznie i na chłopski rozum.
                Teraz potrzebuję pomocy od znawców aby móc lepiej zrozumieć tą fajną zabawę....

Comment

Hi, I'm Rafa and I'm just looking for some great help with my electronics. At the moment I have a problem with my LG TV and I'm excited to see what input I get out from everyone. Located in GLASGOW, KY

Comment

Glad to have found the BadCaps forum! I wasn't aware such a thing existed, but this site popped up yesterday when I was frantically searching for a solution to a problem (to be detailed once I'm able to make posts on my own). Hello, all!

Comment

Hello all,

I'm in North Carolina and like Celloyd, I'm looking for some help troubleshooting the problem I'm having with my 42" Insignia LCD TV so I can try fixing it myself. No tech background but a long time tech user. YouTube videos were informative about LCD TVs but haven't addressed my TV's specific issue.

Comment

Hi all guys my name is Michele and I came across this forum browsing and looking for solutions related to my TV brand Radiomarelli. I still haven't found anything, but I really liked this forum so I decided to sign up. Ah I forgot I write from Rome. I take this opportunity to wish you all happy holidays.

Comment

Salam kenal
                          Saya Abu Albani, Junior Teknisi di Bidang Servis Motherboard Laptop,
                          Semoga bisa mendapat banyak manfaat di group ini, sebelumnya saya ucapkan juga terima kasih buat admin yang sudah mengizinkan kami untuk bergabung di group ini...

Comment

Hi I am Geoff Mackay QLD Australia mostly 2 way comms tech but have problem with my LG thanks for the info in your site

Comment

Hello everyone!

Comment

Hello folks - Daniel here. I am living in rural South Ayrshire in the UK and have been in home computers since the BBC B days. I am a full-time carer for my disabled wife so am at home all day but on a fixed income. I don't have a lot of electronics experience - in fact I don't even own a multimeter - but I will hopefully be able to ask some questions about my APC UPS units once I have posting permission.

Comment

Hello

Comment

HELLO Guys, Hope to have some fun here as well as learn more about computer electronics and sharpen my electronics skills.

Comment

Hello, I try to fix some things that broke ( I successfully changed some bad caps at least once
                                      My last repair was my Dell 2008 ( best monitor ever since the syncmaster 244 T )
                                      I just change the buttons ( thanks EBAY ) a few month ago and voila, comme neuf !
                                      However a few weeks ago it just stopped working.
                                      I do not think it is the power supply as there is some 23V going out from it but I will wrote more in the dedicated subject as soon as I can.
                                      Happy new year 2020 !

Comment

Hi I am sammy from texas, just looking at this new forum for some information! Thanks!

Comment

Why am I here?

I found this forum via a Google search. A few weeks ago, my Sony XBR-55x850c when out and I have since replaced it. I know, money can fix anything...right? Any I just couldn't throw it out because I know the problem is minor so I decided to make it a project and fix it.

After reading many of the introduction post, one thing is clear. Everyone here has similar stories and like interest; common phrases like "jack of all trades". Actually, it's very comforting to a least feel that you are among like kind.

Background. I started out a kid who didn't know "jack" but I didn't know what I didn't know...right? My first real job was working in the field of metallurgy in a quality-control testing lab, then metallurgical failure analysis, and back to testing. After being laid-off I when to school for electronics and finished but had obtain a job performing chemical research reactions on polypropylene catalyst for major chemical company. Electronics was first love but kept research job because it paid the bills which kept the family happy. Twenty-three years later, I was laid-off again and didn't find meaningful (interesting) work for 10 years. I work 'gig jobs" which were Ok only because I like learning new things. Presently, I'm working as an engineering tech for major oil tools company in research. So, yea, I'm back...but old.

So, enough about me. my best guess about the LCD TV is that at least one LED is burnt out, causing and LED error signal which in turn, turns the back-light off. I don't think I want to open the panel and replace LEDs so I instead what to trick the system into thinking there is no problem.

Comment

Working...
                                          X