Hp 450 g3 i5 no turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp 450 g3 i5 no turn on

Hello everyone, hp 450 g3 i5 mainboard DAX63CMB6D1 Rev D X63C . Power jack light off and 7 white caps lock flashes. Any ideas? Thank you.
    Last edited by delosit; 01-31-2023, 12:16 PM.

Re: Hp 450 g3 i5 no turn on

Could it be 6 flashes ?
    Attached Files

Comment

Dont bother much about the blinking codes-they often misguide you.

DC jack light should be present when ac adapter is connected.Since you dont have dc jack light,it could be for the following possible reasons:
      01.Bad/corrupt bios
      02.AD_ID not correct
      03.3V LDO is shorted or missing
      04. Bad EC.

Probe the listed issues one by one and update.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
        Dont bother much about the blinking codes-they often misguide you.

DC jack light should be present when ac adapter is connected.Since you dont have dc jack light,it could be for the following possible reasons:
        01.Bad/corrupt bios
        02.AD_ID not correct
        03.3V LDO is shorted or missing
        04. Bad EC.

Probe the listed issues one by one and update.
        Thanks for the help , the problem was the bios . The version I installed, however, 'does not have any data of the machine, what can I use to insert them taking them from the image of the original bios ?

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
          Could it be 6 flashes ?
          Unfortunately it makes 7

Comment

Phone up your local HP technical support office and ask them to explain this (undocumented??) code. Post an update here.

Comment

Use hex editor to read all the info you need from old BIOS dump, or look for a sticker in around the laptop which has all the info.

Comment

If you know a bit about bios editing and using hex editor, its an easy job to transfer your dmi info like serial,model etc on to the new bios. However, if you dont know how to do this, make a request in the bios section while posting your original+new bios dumps there. Someone will definitely do it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                  If you know a bit about bios editing and using hex editor, its an easy job to transfer your dmi info like serial,model etc on to the new bios. However, if you dont know how to do this, make a request in the bios section while posting your original+new bios dumps there. Someone will definitely do it for you.
                  I managed to enter the data found in the labels but I can not find them with the editor in the bios , I find only the Windows key . Is there a way to find them in the original bios dump in case there are no labels? Just to learn. Thank you all anyway.

Comment

Without the original dump, i cant point you out the dmi block address. Since its hp,try searching pavillion/probook in hxd and click "search all" option and look closely for dmi info. You can search your serial number in the original dump and get to the dmi area.

Comment

Working...
                    X