Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marantz pm 6005 right channel not worknig

Hi guys,
    I need a help with my Marantz pm6005. It started to have weaker the right channel a few months ago, than it got back to normal and now it has lost sound completely on the right channel. At the final stage it was loosing the channel for a while and than it returned. After it has disappeared completely I could forced it back by unplugging the source form CD (which I normally use) to phone and back. It would then work for a few minutes and died again. Now it is possible power up and all function works normally (apart the right channel ) on all inputs, except the phone both channel works, but the signal is very strong and distorted.
    Here is the schematic:
    https://ulozto.net/file/t2vEidGHbS6O...F5HKmSdD2L5Zj= (PAGE 34)
    I managed fallow the signal to the volume knob where I lose it, so it would seems the fault is there.
    I have signal on R501 (left) R502 (right) and C5001 (left – first component after the knob) and nothing on C50002 (right – first component after the knob) - Tested on cd input. On the left channel I can hear changing of volume when turning the knob

What confuse me is when I test it on Phono, I lose signal on both C5001 and C5002, yet I can hear the sound from both speakers when plugged in and the volume knob is working.
    Where is the signal going? Is it possible that is going to ground or something?
    When I measure resistance between R501 – C50001 (left channel signal) I have 28kohms when the volume is on 0 and 370 ohms when is full on
    When measuring between R502 – C5002 I got 1Mohms rising to 5Mohms and further on, turning the knob is not affecting . I checked the resistors and caps, looks ok
    What would you suggest guys, should I just order the new knob and replace it or is there another possible reason? I'm a bit afraid not to loose the new part if there is some more problems. What another check could I make? I guess there is no short otherwise the amplifier would have shut down itself.
    I'm still in early stage of learning so please any advice and comments are highly appreciated, even they might seems obvious
    I hope it make sense. Please feel free to ask if i made it confusing at some point
    Thank you very much for reading and your time
    Danny
    Last edited by sima112; 01-30-2023, 12:17 PM.
Working...
X