Pioneer Elite VSX-52 DSP EEPROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer Elite VSX-52 DSP EEPROM

Alright had to make a thread for this receive as I felt like the other one was not really for this specific model.
    Would highly appreciate it if anyone has the bin dump for this EEPROM on this specific model number.

The circuit is Location: IC9004 and Make is: MX25L1606E.

The IC is quite easy to get to as it is on the top side of the pcb, popping the cover off and it's there for the world to see.

I flashed the IC with another Pioneer model and I got sound, only thing is that FM is now all out and funky. Basically tunes in to every single frequency and doesn't give sound. All other functions, CD, HDMI ARC, DVD, etc works. Just the FM is off.

Re: Pioneer Elite VSX-52 DSP EEPROM

I have that file where I changed the version number, do you still want to try and see if it will update?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by R_J; 01-30-2023, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
      I have that file where I changed the version number, do you still want to try and see if it will update?
      Hi Sorry for late response. Sure, I'll try it.

Comment

Are you on right now?

Comment

Are you on right now?
          Yes.

Comment

Did it work?
            Last edited by R_J; 01-31-2023, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Did it work?
              Hi R_J, could you please upload it again? I had to go out,.

Comment

Yes the file is for USB update, I bumped the update number up by one so it would not be the same as what was installed. If this method does work. I will leave the file up.
                Last edited by R_J; 01-31-2023, 04:22 PM.

Comment

I will do it one more time
                  Well what do you know.. I used the USB method to update it and now it's at 50% and updating. I hope this works.

Also, I thought I was going to use a programmer for this? Just the USB update works? Kind of baffled. Anyway it's still updating will update if this fixes the FM issue.

Comment

Well.. shame.. FM issue is still there. Firmware at 1-204087119093. Makes me think this is really a problem with the FM module?

Comment

How do the AM stations work? if they are ok I suspect it is not in the programming.
                      So all it took was to change/increase the internal firmware number by one and it installed.

Comment

How do the AM stations work? if they are ok I suspect it is not in the programming.
                        So all it took was to change/increase the internal firmware number by one and it installed.
                        Amazing. AM is the same. Says tuned to any frequency and doesn't give out audio.

Comment

It's amazing though that it keeps on updating even with the same file in the usb. You should leave the file up. As it works as intended. Now I'm thinking there is really something wrong with FM and AM being tuned in all the time. CD, DVD and other inputs work. Just the tuners are out with no sound.

Oh, before this I had to replace the mux IC as it was popping when I turn the volume up or down. That solved the problem, but spun out a new issue..the FM AM.one.. not sure if its worth mentioning bought the mux IC from ali, as it was no longer available in digikey.

Comment

Does this "mux" ic you replace have a location number ie: ic??
                            I thought all you did was reprogram the eeprom ic, did you not make a backup of the original before reprogramming it?

Do you have V+9T (9v) on CN954, Pin7 going to the tuner module?
                            Last edited by R_J; 01-31-2023, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Does this "mux" ic you replace have a location number ie: ic??
                              I thought all you did was reprogram the eeprom ic, did you not make a backup of the original before reprogramming it?

Do you have V+9T (9v) on CN954, Pin7 going to the tuner module?
                              BD3473KS2 IC2501 . It is supposed to be the volume IC. Preamp / Selector.
                              Unfortunately, I didn't have the programmer back then when I updated the firmware from USB. So I don't have the backup.

Also, I can't get to the module without disassembling everything. There are 3 PCBs stock on top of the other.

I did try to remove the FM module to see if it the problem is removed with the module disconnected and was clumsy enough to turn on power with some cables disconnected. Now the receiver has the blinking blue light.

I'm thinking it's in protect due to the connector disconnect and me power it up.
                              I have connected everything but still the blinking blue led is there. So I'm thinking I needed to wait for the large caps to drain to reset it.

Unfortunately again I can't drain those caps as they are on the most bottom part without again dismantling everything. What joy.

Comment

I must have a different service manual, I have the one for the VSX52TX and the tuner is mounted to the back panel near the top. and it plugs into the board labeled AC
                                I would check all the plug connections and cables to make sure there are no bent foils on the cables, Also on these receivers ALL the rear screws need to be in place for proper grounding.

Looks like the supply for the tuner is through Q3901 (V+5_T) +5v to CN3902 pin 8
                                Last edited by R_J; 01-31-2023, 07:26 PM.

Comment

R_J here is the service manual you need.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

I must have a different service manual, I have the one for the VSX52TX and the tuner is mounted to the back panel near the top. and it plugs into the board labeled AC
                                    I would check all the plug connections and cables to make sure there are no bent foils on the cables, Also on these receivers ALL the rear screws need to be in place for proper grounding.
                                    It's not a TX. Yup, the one that lotas posted. That's it.

Comment

Looks like the supply for the tuner is through Q3901 (V+5_T) +5v to CN3902 pin 8
                                      I removed the tuner module, and true enough no more crazy tune to all frequency issue. Could this be the tuner? Or just the programming that's messed up?

Comment

Originally posted by nodols View Post
                                        I removed the tuner module, and true enough no more crazy tune to all frequency issue. Could this be the tuner? Or just the programming that's messed up?
                                        Is the module getting supply voltage?
                                        Try entering service mode and check that the model is correct, other than that I guess it could be the eeprom data, If the tuner worked before the eeprom data was changed, it might be a suspect.
                                        Last edited by R_J; 01-31-2023, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X