Panasonic TX-58AX802B - Boot Freeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TX-58AX802B - Boot Freeze

I have a Panasonic TV a friend gave me which I wanted to get running again.
    Seems the firmware might be corrupt because it will boot to the logo and then freeze and boot loop.
    I have tried to use a USB recovery flash following Panasonic website instructions, but no progress. If someone has other recovery methods I'm open to advice.
    I was told the problem got worse over a period of time until it wasn't booting.

I believe this model uses eMMC for firmware storage which from my experience with android tablet is usually a short lifespan storage technology.

My questions.

1. Does anyone have the full firmware dump for this TV set?
    2. What programming adapter have people used to program this?

I have an RT809H external programmer and I believe I could get a replacement eMMC chip from somewhere, but the programming of the firmware is my concern. I'd rather have some firmware to flash before ordering adapters and chips.
    The panasonic firmware I downloaded was named "P143_3130.zip" which contained file "SDDL.SEC".
    I'm not sure if that would be suitable to be flashed to a fresh eMMC chip, I would have assumed it needs unpacking?

Or would putting an empty fresh eMMC chip on the board and trying the recovery procedure again likely succeed?

Any help it welcomed.

Thanks!

Re: Panasonic TX-58AX802B - Boot Freeze

Bump.

I saw this thread a few months ago when I did some searching, but seems the users only ever managed to get a IC1600 Winbond chip, not the IC8903 eMMC contents.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77395

Hoped someone would have been able to grab the contents either via programmer or a method of dumping to USB via a script like some Vestel boards are capable of it if enough of a working state.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by nickterence2
      This guy repair panasonic tx-50ax802b, tx-58ax802b and tx-65ax802b. Ge received mainboard all over the world. Just buy the service and send him your mainboard.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354245249...mis&media=COPY
      Get out of here with this SPAM BULLSHIT.

Comment

i can't read all the link, i can only say you can'write the update file on a new chip, that is not the entire firmware, is only a patch or something like.. if you are interested i can try to help you remotely but we must contact in pm.. but i need a complete dump of current memory to be processed.. how can you do it? It is possible an inline reading without removing chip but you must search the web for the solder points..
        Last edited by Davi.p; 02-07-2023, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X