Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Repairing a Sony KD-49X8309 tv (android boot loop)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repairing a Sony KD-49X8309 tv (android boot loop)

I got a Sony led tv, that's stuck in a boot loop. It won't go any further the android screen and won't turn on further. The indicator light turns up white, and then it comes in a boot loop

It seems, that all of the Sony tv of this X-range will end with these problems after 2-3 years or so.

Television
    Sony KD-49X8309c

Main board
    1-894-595-12
    Y210B300c
    Sony BMFW
    Panel:
    SYV4941

The problem is the mainboard. That's confirmed by Sony.

After some googling, i came on some repairers on ebay and it seems like that some parts needs reballing. This one is one such an advert:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333470102931

I also read some problems with eMMC on the web..

So, questions are:
    -Can anyone confirm that the android boot loop is caused by bad solder connections, which can be solved by reballing the chip?
    -Can anyone tell me what parts needs to be reballed?
    -Has anyone repaired this mainboard itself?

Problem is, i dont want to spend nearly 175 euro for repairing :/

And, another question. I see that multiple tv's have this mainboard with this partnumber. Some even bigger screens.. If i manage to find a mainboard with the same parnumber, can i use it for my tv? That one is 49", but i see them also used on 43¨ or 55" screens.

Thanks in advance, i'll appreciate any help
    If there are questions, please ask.

This is how the mainboard looks like by the way:

Re: Repairing a Sony KD-49X8309 tv (android boot loop)

The problem is only software, only if you can gain access to the linux shell you can do funny things but unfortunately most of the makers protects the access with their own rules..

Comment

+1 for software issue

Comment

The problem is the emmc chip.. must see if i can get it repaired.

As far as i understand, at a certain moment all the x-series mainboard will fail.

Can this be due bad soldering only? Or is it the emmc chio thats gonw bad?

Comment

The guy that listed the repair service is a very reputable guy. I think that you should send the mainboard and the tcon to get it repaired.

Comment

If you connect the board to a pc via Uart you can have some answers, memory chips are not usually so power drawing so since soldering problems begins with heat problem then reballing of the flash don't seem to me a possible cause, instead all smart tvs are prone to data loss due to the management of data (the need to use flash mem to save data).

Comment

Last question..

The mainboard that's inside is:

Main board
              1-894-595-12
              Y210B300c
              Sony BMFW

I see that a mainboard with the same partnumber can be found in multiple tv's with different models or even screensizes.

Would another mainboard with eaxcatly the same partnumber work in this tv, even when it's from another model tv? And, can i update it to the correct soft/firmware by downloading that on a USB?

Is

Comment

You need to match the alphanumeric string on the white sticker of the mainboard.

Comment

Thanks for the response. Cant remembert havinh seen a sticker on the mainboard. Maybe that's on the other side of the mainboard then..

Wull take a look at it at later moment.

Comment

if the emmc would be dead, you wound't be able to boot. same thing if there is a bga issue. period. Yes, the emmc has a limited read and write cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                      +1 for software issue
                      Sounds similar to my Samsung Galaxy S5, when Android suddenly was in a corrupted state. (in my case, it didn't stay in a reboot-loop and was able to do a "factory reset")
                      It looked like Android was randomly rebooting itself like Windows 2000 and later does, when its kernel panics.

At least once, it randomly crashed at the Samsung logo, WTF! Probably flash data corruption.

As I got a random reboot when playing music on my Samsung Galaxy S5, IIRC. But ever since the "factory reset", I never saw the Galaxy S5 unstable again.

Looks like the Android recovery data wasn't corrupted. Whew.

---

Wouldn't be surprised if Android was silently corrupted on the flash chip. Probably have to at least reflash Android to the storage.
                      Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 04-09-2020, 01:16 PM.
                      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Have you tried a factory reset on the TV?

Hold the volume down and power buttons down on the tv while ac power is plugged in, then unplug ac power (still holding down buttons), plug back in AC power, and hold buttons for 10-30 seconds until you see the front light on the TV turn green, then release power and volume down buttons.. And it will go through its reset process and turn back on.

Worth a shot...

Comment

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/s...icles/00171297

Comment

Working...
                          X