Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mack book pro A1707 lcd problem

HI
    I have macbook pro A1707 going black screen win I open screen 90° . I don't know what's problem sensor or other thing.

Can you help me.
    Just it's work on 30° .
    Attach photo.
    Attached Files

Re: Mack book pro A1707 lcd problem

Lvds cable is suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
      Lvds cable is suspect.
      Lvds cable it's OK. I think it sensors.
      How I can get it

Comment

the cable is known to be defective on many of those, how would sensors be the cause?
        The lid sensor can probably be tested with software. check if you can find anything for it and better check that cable, because what you describe is exactly that. good luck

Comment

Hate to break it to you, but all A1706, A1707, and A1708 LCD from 2016-2017 have a very known LCD short cable issue that rips within a year or so because it is a few centimeters to short compared to the issue Apple has fixed in 2018 and up models. I do know how to get that LCD replaced for Free but you will have to have a 2017 model to make this happen.
          sigpic
          MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Comment

Hey Stephen, how could I get the LCD to be replaced for free?

Thanks

Comment

Apple have (or had) a service program for it, however its confined to 2016 models only. Since they were only manufactured from October 2016, it only covers about 3 months worth. It's the same issue, same model, just Apple won't cover it (officially). Last 2017 A1706 I sent up there they refused to cover it and quoted him AUD $1100 to replace the screen. So I don't know how you would get it replaced, unless you were good mates with someone at Apple or an AASP.

BTW, I've ordered a replacement screen for one off Aliexpress a while back. Cable was same length, so not worth replacing as same issue will happen again. You can however cut the flex cable and extend it with another flex. These models are total shit anyway, with keyboard, battery and screen issues. Not worth reselling if you ask me as they will likely come back.
              Last edited by reformatt; 08-07-2022, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Hallo,

Is this a flexgate problem

See video
                Attached Files

Comment

Not likely. Flexgate is usually vertical lines or no backlight. This is horizontal, so likely a bad screen (either physical or liquid damage).

Comment

Originally posted by reformatt View Post
                    Not likely. Flexgate is usually vertical lines or no backlight. This is horizontal, so likely a bad screen (either physical or liquid damage).
                    Hi I think this one is dustgate. The ribbon cabeles are damaged from dust and there are lines broken can be fixed but not so easey i got 3 laptops like that and another 2 screens are damaged. I order the screen ribbon cables i will try to replace it but never find and clip youtube somebody do it first. So we will see when the ribbons are coming it xill be succesfull. Search on YouTube dustgate.

Regards

Steve

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                    X